Friday Night Bites

Scarlett's POV

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." Bon says.

"You were the one who said to go for it," I say.

"Now I'm saying take it slow," Bon says.

"Why the about-face?" E asks.

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Bon says.

"Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying?" E says.

"It's stupid," Bon says.

"Bonnie..." E says.

"What?" She asks.

"Spit it out," I say.

"I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling." Bon says.

"Is that it? Bonnie." E says.

"It was bad bad!" Bon says.

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" E asks.

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Bon says.

"And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." E says Bon walks away for us. I see Stefan approaching us. "I need to go," I say walking to Ty, I greet him with a kiss.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do, Ty? She made her choice. Let her know she made the wrong one." Matt says as he's playing with a football with another kid Ty catches the football.

"What are you doing? Ty, don't. Ty, don't! Ty!" I say.

"TY no!" Matt says

Ty throws the ball at Stefan, who has his back towards us. He quickly turns around, catches the ball, and throws it back to Tyler. Tyler and Matt are shocked. Elena laughs. I try not to laugh by biting my lip looking down.

• • • •

"Oh, my God!" I say.

"You're here!" Bon smiles.

"Yep. I can't be sad girl forever. The only way to get things back to the way they were are to do things that were. Oh, and you're coming to dinner tonight." E says.

"I am?" Bon says.

"Mm-hmm. You, me Scottie, maybe Ty and Stefan. You guys have to give him a chance." E says. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Tonight's no good. Have you seen Caroline? I texted her like a hundred times." Bon says, I stretch and smile looking at the floor trying to hide the fact that I'm smiling.

"Don't change the subject, Bonnie Bennett! You're going to be there." E says.

"Fine. I'll go." Bon says.

"Good," E says raising an eyebrow at me.

"Can't Ty and are having something with the Rich and Carol Lockwood," I say. She nods her head, letting the subject go.

• • • •

We're at the cheerleader's practice. I told the girls to would wait for Care.

"Seriously, where is Caroline?" I ask.

"I don't know. It's not like her." E says.

"I'll try her again," Bon says as Care arrives in Damon's car. She kisses him.