Memory Lane

||  Lockwood Mansion  ||

"Hey, Mason, got a second?" Tyler asks.

"No, man, barbecue at Jenna's house." Mason says.

"Come on man, give me two minutes, alright? You can't keep dodging me. I'm freaking out over here!" Jake asks.

"Tyler, what do you want me to say man? Yes, I turned into wolf. No, it's not gonna happen to you guys." Mason says.

"How do you know that?" Tyler asks.

"Because you guy aren't gonna trigger the curse. Your dad didn't know anything about any of this neither did I until it happened to me" Mason says.

"How does it get triggered?" Jake asks.

"Ignorance is a bless, trust me." Mason says.

"You blow back into town with some supernatural family secret and you expect us not to ask questions?" Tyler asks.

"I can't say anything more, I'm sorry, Tyler, Jake. It's just better for you if I don't." Mason says.

"You've found that moon stone?" Tyler asks.

"Do you know where it is?" Mason asks.

"What's so special about it?" Jake asks.

"I told you guys, it was my mom's. It's sentimental. Look, just don't worry about it. Forget I even brought it up, alright?" Mason leaves. Tyler takes the moon stone from his pocket and looks at it, along with Jake.

||  Gilbert's house   ||

Lottie, Elena and Jenna are in the kitchen.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction." Elena says.

"Well, she's not the plus that I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?" Jenna asksZ

"Because Alaric is a pity taker. Come on Jenna, be nice. After all he is family" Lottie says walking in, rolling her eyes.

"I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his pose of you." Jenna says. Mason arrives.

"Good news! I found the shot glasses!" Mason says.

"That would be my exit." Elena leaves.

"You're here for 10 minutes and I'm already back into the bleachers of the pep rally." Jenna says. "Now that's my que." Lottie says and leaves.

"Like old times, uh? Only I didn't swipe this bottle from my old men." Mason says, Alaric arrives.

"Oh, the expensive stuff! I like you already." Alaric says.

"Just happy to be invited." Mason smiles.

"Thank Rick, that was his idea." Jenna says.

"Really?" Mason asks.

"Yeah, you know, I thought it would be nice some of Jenna's high school friends. Dig up a little dirt." Ric says.

"I've got dirt. I've got dirt." Mason says.

"I have no secrets. Only dirty shame." Jenna says.

"To dirty shame." Ric says. They clink glasses, Damon arrives.

"Hey" Damon greets.

"Damon." Jenna says.

"You were just going shots. Let me give you a shot glass buddy." Ric says.

"Here. Use mine." Jenna and Alaric leave.

"She doesn't like me very much." Damon says.

"We haven't met. Mason Lockwood." Mason says .