Devil Jokes

Leon had decided to invite his friend, Jamie, over for some breakfast as they would be doing some class project that would more than likely take longer than a day to finish. Lena had approved of this breakfast date so there was no reason to supervise. She was simply waiting for the coffee that she was brewing for the both of you.

You were woken up by the smell of coffee. After a quick change of clothes, you headed downstairs to find Lena watching Leon and his friend. You kissed her cheek before taking a seat besides her.

"Good morning Lena."

"Morning babe."

You noticed she was a little distracted and decided to ask her what was up.

"Shh. Just listen in to their conversation."

Instead of facing her, you turned around to face Leon and his friend. 

"What did the pecan say to the walnut?" He asks his fried.

"What?"

"We're friends because we're both nuts."

Jamie genuinely laughs at his joke, causing you to wince. Those jokes had never worked on Lena and you quickly caught on that they weren't particularly funny so you adjusted yours.

"Wow. That's true love right there, babe.. I wish you would laugh at my nut jokes like that."

"That won't be happening anytime soon, love."

You pout and go back to listening to his joke. Just wishing he would stop. You grow bored and figured maybe it wouldn't hurt to try again with Lena.

"Babe?!"

Lena turns around to face you as you called her, still sporting an amused smile from hearing her son's jokes.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

You had honestly thought that she was going to laugh or at least get her to blush but you were wrong. Oh, so very wrong. She no longer looked happy as she gave you that infamous look that she used during her board meetings.

"Did you just call me satan?! Is this because I'm a Luthor?"

You weren't sure if she was playing or not but you figure it was worth at least a shot to continue.

"Love, I'm a Luthor too."

Yeah, she was not joking.