your parents don't like her

You felt like crying. The harsh words that came from your parents mouths were taking a serious toll on you. You tried to hold back your tears and swallow the lump in your throat. "W-What?" You managed to stutter out only to receive the same gut-wrenching words in response. "We don't like Jade." You sighed heavily and tugged at your hair, trying to figure out how on earth they didn't like Jade.

You've been dating her for a few months now but Jade has already made you happier than ever before. She made you feel loved and accepted and for your parents to say they didn't like her broke your heart. "Why?" They looked at each other and then back at you. "We just don't think she's good enough for you, honey. I mean she's in a band and she's rarely ever home-"

"That's not true. Sure, she's in a band but that doesn't mean she's self-centered or anything. Don't you guys see how happy she makes me? I never thought i'd find someone who makes me feel good about myself in the way she does. I love her, with all my heart."

Your dad groaned and ran his hands over his face while your mother reached out to grab your hand. "y/n, please just listen to us." You scoffed and yanked your hand out of hers. "Listen to you talk crap about my girlfriend? No. You guys can't expect me to sit here and listen to this." You pulled out your wallet and threw some money on the table.

You stood up and your parents both tried to grab your hands to keep you back. "You don't like Jade? Fine. I'm an adult and I can make my own choices. You haven't had the opportunity to sit down and get to know her. You've never even given her a chance. So until you're ready to do that or you apologize, don't contact me."

You stormed out of the restaurant with tears in your eyes. You desperately hoped they'd come around but if they wouldn't, you didn't really care.