distractions

You heard Jade groan from the kitchen table. She was trying to get some lyrics written for a new song but it felt like nothing was coming to her mind. She was getting frustrated and you could tell, but she was determined to come up with something and she didn't wanna stop until she did.

But she's getting stressed and you could tell. You didn't wanna sit back and watch anymore, so you walked up behind her and put your hands on her shoulders.

Her muscles are tense and you could tell from the moment you set your hands on them. She sighed blissfully as you started to rub them. "You seem so stressed. Why don't you take a break?" Jade simply shook her head in response. "No, I've gotta get something done."

She rested her arms on the table and buried her face in them, trying to keep her nerves down but it was hard when she felt like she couldn't get anything done. "You'll be able to do more with a clear mind, baby. Please take a break. Even if it's just for a few minutes. Just for a snack or something." You started to kiss her shoulder, moving the spaghetti strap down her arm so you could pepper kisses across her skin.

"Okay, fine." she murmured with a small smile on her face. You grabbed her hand and tugged her to the living room.

You made her sit down while you grabbed her some dark chocolate from the fridge, a snack that would help her to focus whenever she was ready to go back and write again.

You sat down on the couch and let her rest her head on your lap. "Thanks for always looking after me and for caring." She spoke softly but you could hear the sleep that was evident in her voice as the exhaustion caught up with her.

You brushed your fingers through her hair, taking a moment to just admire how simply beautiful she is. You kissed her forehead and watched a sleepy smile tug at her lips. "I'll always care about you. I love you so much. Now get some sleep."

You listened to her breathing even out as she slept comfortably on your lap, and you didn't plan on waking her anytime soon.