you're scared of crowds

"Did you enjoy the movie, my love?" Jade smiled as she put her arm around you and led you down the block.

"Yes! But, I mostly loved it because it's the first one we've seen together in quite a bit and I love spending time with you."

She squeezed your hip and turned to kiss your forehead. But right as her lips brushed along your skin, there was an excited shriek from across the street followed by the loud scream of her name and rushing footsteps along the empty road.

"Jade!" The young girl yelled and excitedly threw her arms around your girlfriend. You couldn't help but grin. It was sweet and oh so adorable.

When she excitedly asked for a photo with Jade you happily took it for her. But you were spotted again by a group of fans who rushed over top your girlfriend and they didn't even seem to acknowledge you.

You didn't mind all that much. You know how universally loved and adored Jade is and you find it sweet how happy and excited fans get to see her. You were about to tap one of them on the shoulder and politely offer to take photos for them. But you heard more screams, louder than before, and running footsteps before more fans appeared in front of you.

There was a crowd around you. Young girls and boys, excited teens, and even a couple of young adults who recognized Jade.

They were crowding around you so much that you actually couldn't even touch Jade any longer. You've been pushed and shoved out of the way. You can't even hear her voice over the loud cheers and chatter.

You felt your heart pounding in your chest when you realized just how many people were surrounding you. Even though they weren't, it felt like everyone's eyes were on you. You debated on what to do; if you should wait patiently out of the way and just silently observe what was happening. But your mind was starting to race as fans, although not purposely, started to push you even further away from Jade to try to get closer.

You swallowed the lump in your throat but it only grew more. You could hear your heart pounding in your ears and you bit your lip as you looked around, frantic to find another spot to go where it wasn't so loud and so overwhelming.

You rushed toward the end of the sidewalk where no one else was, as quickly as your shaky and weak legs would take you. You sat down and pulled your knees to your chest. Resting your forehead on one of them, you rocked slowly to try to soothe yourself.

"Y/N!"

Jade yelled but you didn't even lift your head. Not even when you heard her feet on the ground and felt her hand on your shoulder.

"Baby? What happened?" She asked worriedly, wondering if one fan had crossed the line or something.

"I-I can't breathe." You spoke frantically and lifted your head to look at her with a look of fear. You looked like you were pleading for her to help you somehow. Your heart was racing against your chest and your hands were trembling and it felt like everybody was looking at you.

"Jade?" You whimpered.

"I'm right here. Try to breathe for me." She whispered as her hand brushed along your shoulder comfortingly.

"I can't. It feels like everyone is staring at me..."

"No one is. They're gone now. They backed off to give you some space when they noticed how frightened you were." She soothed. "Honey, you're just anxious. But it's all gonna be okay because I'm right here and I won't let anything happen to you."

You took in a shaky breath and let it fall from your lips the same way.

"I know you get overwhelmed easily, baby, I'm sorry. I should've remembered. I should've kept an eye on you to make sure you weren't becoming overwhelmed." She mumbled sadly to herself. "But it's all okay now. It's only me and you. I'm breathing with you. I'm holding your hand. I'm not gonna let you go. You're gonna make it through this, I promise."

You nodded quickly and squeezed your eyes shut, focusing on breathing.

Jade breathed with you, keeping her breaths steady, and you were able to match your breathing with hers easily.

"You're doing good. You're my tough cookie." She smiled and felt even more relieved when she saw your lips tug up, even if only for a split second.

Slowly, you opened your eyes. True to her word, there was no one around you. Only a couple walking across the street, hand in hand, and minding their own business.

"Good job. That's my girl." Jade coaxed and kissed your cheek. "I love you. Feeling any better?"

You nodded. "A little."

"How about I treat you to some ice cream from that shop down the street that you love so much? Sound good?"

Your eyes lit up and it made her oh so happy.

"I'd actually really like that."

"Okay. When you feel like you're ready to go there, we'll go. For right now, if you still need a moment to catch your breath then we'll sit here together; for as long as you need."

She placed her forehead on your shoulder and kissed your collarbone lovingly.

"I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

"You'll never have to worry about that. Because I'll always be here for you. I promise."