self-isolation anxiety (requested)

The days seemed to be dragging by. The more time you spent inside the more anxious you became. The bad news was everywhere, almost inescapable at this point, only giving you more reasons to panic.

Your new normal became cleaning up around the house, binge-watching things on Netflix, and spending time with Jade when she wasn't busy with work.

You miss your friends. You miss the way things used to be, the way you used to live. You miss your normalcy as you slowly tried to accept that this was now your new normal for the time being.

You bit your nails nervously as you continued to scroll through the news on your phone. It's become your worst habit and even though it always sends you on a downward spiral, you still can't seem to stop reading the updates.

Jade walked into the bedroom. She'd had enough of writing today and figured you two could continue your binge-watch of insatiable on Netflix. But when she saw you sitting at the foot of the bed with your phone on your lap, she knew exactly what you were caught up in doing.

She took away your phone and quickly turned it off. "Jade! What-"

"You have to stop this, y/n. You're only freaking yourself out more." She knelt in front of you and took your hands. Leaning down, she planted kisses to your knuckles before looking back up at you to find you in tears.

"I'm sorry. I know it's bad but I can't seem to stop. I'm really scared, Jade. I'm overwhelmed with all this bad news, it's like it just won't stop. I'm scared for my family and friends and-"

She rubbed her thumb in circles over your hands. She understood how you felt. She wouldn't let it show as much, but she was scared too. "Calm down, y/n. Take a breath."

You took a deep breath as Jade reached up to wipe away the tear that fell from your eye. "I know it's scary but we're safe. And your friends and family are gonna be alright. They're staying safe too, yeah?"

You exhaled shakily, nodding your head weakly. "I know you feel like this is never gonna end but it will. It's just gonna take time. But we're gonna be okay. You and me, we're in this together. Eventually, things will go back to normal, we just have to wait it out in here until that day comes. And when it does, everything that we've had to do is gonna be worth it. We just gotta hang in there until then."

You dropped your head on her shoulder and felt her lips touch your forehead softly.

"And it's not all bad news, right? People are coming together right now, helping and taking care of others. There's still good out there. We just have to dig a little deeper to find it."

"That's true. I like that people are doing good for others." She brushed your hair back and rested her forehead on yours. "Me too. Let's not look at the news all day from now on, okay? Let's disconnect. Let's put our phones away for a while and just be here with each other. How about we lay here and keep binge-watching Netflix. Sound good?"

She kissed you passionately and gently laid you on your back. "Thank you, Jade."

She turned on the show you were watching earlier and pulled you close. "I love you more. We're gonna make it through this. I promise."