break up song (requested)

You were sitting on the couch scrolling through your phone when Jade excitedly ran inside the house.

"Y/n! I want you to hear this. We finally finished the first song of the album today and I want you to listen to it."

You put your phone down next to you as the song started to play. You secretly hoped for an upbeat or romantic song, but it was the opposite. The lyrics were speaking about... a breakup? Was that why Jade wanted you to hear it?

You've been feeling a little insecure about yourself lately and to be honest, you never felt fully confident in your relationship with Jade. You always believed she'd find someone better in time. And now, as you listen to the lyrics of the song, you feel like the time might've come. Like the reason she wanted you to hear it was because she wanted to break up.

"Y/n?" You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard Jade's voice and felt her hand on your arm. "Hm?"

She chuckled nervously and paused the song. "You kinda drifted away there. Were you daydreaming?" She wiggled her eyebrows and you just gave her a small smile in return. "Y/n what's going on? D-Do you not like the song?"

Your eyes went wide at her question. "No, no. That's not it at all."

"Then what is it?" She asked as she clearly grew a little more worried and slightly frustrated. "Is this song about us? Is this your way of saying we should break up?"

Jade's eyes softened as the frustration that previously clouded behind them faded. "What? No of course not. Why would you think that?" She reached out and took your hand in her own. She softly brushed her thumb across your knuckles and heard you sigh deeply.

"I don't know. I guess I've just been feeling a little insecure lately. And we've been fighting a little more, too. I kinda just assumed..."

A moment went by and you still hadn't heard her respond so you tilted your head up only to be pulled in for a short but sweet kiss. "You're crazy if you think I'm breaking up with you. Y/n, I am not going anywhere. Not now, not anytime soon... not ever. I'm so in love with you and I'm not letting you go. I just wanted you to hear this song because we're all so proud of it and we think it's the perfect song to lead us into our new era. It's not about you, or about us. I'm already working on some of those songs."

She winked and watched your cheeks flush as you blushed. "I love you just the way you are and I always will. And as for the fighting, we've both been stressed out lately and I think that's what's been causing us both to lose our tempers. All couples fight, that doesn't mean they all just give up because of that. I'm never giving up on you and I'm not letting you go."

You could see the look of love in her eyes and you couldn't stop yourself from leaning in and stealing another kiss. A longer and more passionate one.

"Love you, Jade." She pecked your lips once more before leaning her forehead onto yours. "I love you more. Now, let's listen to the rest of this song, yeah?"

You nodded and leaned your head onto her shoulder as you listened to the song that you knew was gonna become one of your all-time favorite's. You could already feel it.