Chapter 6 : Possessive

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

She was the Greek goddess of vegetation,

The goddess of spring,

Wife to Hades.

Together, they rule the Underworld.

A daughter to Zeus and Demeter.

Beautiful maiden, Persephone.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I hugged my books to my chest, biting my lip as I stared thoughtfully into my locker

I hugged my books to my chest, biting my lip as I stared thoughtfully into my locker. This morning was the worst. I recalled the vague memory of sitting in Hunter's black car as we drove to school.

Dimitri sat by him in the passenger seat, leaving me to myself as they conversed. Okay, maybe it wasn't all that bad. At least Hunter ignored me, which was way better than any interaction we had. While Hunter was mean, Dimitri was sweet.

Every four minutes, Dimitri will ask me a simple question and I'll give him a simple answer. Other times, it escalated into a real conversation involving just the two of us. Hunter, on the other hand, never spoke or sent a glance my way.

I wasn't bothered though. Whatever I did to make him hate me was not my concern...for the meantime. I was more worried about Zion and the human-murdering spirit in him. Ever since we arrived, I haven't seen him or Pedro.

Are they okay? Is Aunt Callida aware of last night's incident? And what about Hunter?

Zeus' appearance brought even more questions. Why did he call me Pandora? And who's going to find me?

None of it made sense.

"Hey, Penny."

I jumped at Helena's voice, never noticing her arrival. I released a breath and lightly touched my chest. "Hi, Helena."