Chapter 74 : Hunter

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Apollo was the son of Zeus.

His mother was Leta.

His twin sister, Artemis.

His little brother, Hermes.

And he loved them all, except maybe Ares.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Zion made pretty long strides

Zion made pretty long strides. With every step he took, I had to catch up with two. Eventually, I gave up but tried maintaining about five steps behind.

He strode down the hallway and entered an empty guest room. Zion walked across the apartment, stepping through the glass door and unto a balcony.

His hand reached for the railings but stopped the moment his ring tone chimed through the air. He furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed the phone instead.

His eyes widened the moment he noticed the Caller ID. Swiping the screen, he pulled it closer. "What happened?"

"Good morning. Thanks for asking about my wellbeing you son of a cretin."

I stepped through the glass door, joining Zion on the balcony. With the phone's speaker loud and clear, I knew who was talking.

Dimitri.

My hands closed around the railing as I peered down towards the club. The deserted place was illuminated by the morning sunrise.

My thought shifted to our previous visit to the beach. Zion had asked Dimitri to watch over Hunter and look out for anything weird.

"Has something happened?" Zion asked in a gruff voice, his eyebrows slightly rose with a hint of anxiousness. A stifled emotion.

"So no greetings? I trained you better than that, Zee." Dimitri chided.

"This isn't a time for jokes," Zion warned in annoyance.

Dimitri didn't seem to notice his waning patience. "Well, if you're not gonna ask about my health then..."