Chapter 89 : Braids

Sorry for the late chapter. Things haven't been easy lately. Happy new year. 🎉

I'm kinda late but I'm gonna wish you anyway. 💜

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The Hecatoncheires,

Also known as the Hundred-Handed Ones,

Were three monstrous giants, with fifty heads and one hundred arms.

They were the offspring of Uranus and Gaia.

They helped Zeus overthrow the Titans.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Zion scoffed and crossed his arms

Zion scoffed and crossed his arms. He remained composed; his face completely free of any emotion. But even with all that reserved quality, a hint of anger broke through. "If your 'Mistress' wants me so badly, why doesn't she show herself instead of hiding behind a pack of dogs?"

Alex gritted his teeth in anger. "We aren't dogs. Crocottas are an esteemed race. A fortified army. Led by an unsurpassed superior. Our Mistress has a plan and she'll certainly execute it. You won't stand a chance against--"

"Why does she want Pandora?" Zion cut him off nonchalantly.

"How should I know?" Alex said in frustration as he strained against the ropes. "I don't get why she wants an insignificant human like her!"

Excuse me?

"Insignificant?" I said with a frown. He's saying all this because I'm human.

Alex focused on me; dull grey eyes completely void of any glow. "If I were you I'd stay away from them." He jerked his head at Zion and Pedro. "They'd kill you the moment they regain their senses--"

"You mean ascend." I countered.

Alex ignored my statement. "Your family isn't with them but with another. People who don't plan to kill you. They are your only relief from the huge target on your back. They've probably found you already. Encapsulate, annex, internment. Oh yes, they could. They will. They have. They have..." He trailed off, mumbling to himself.