Chapter 24 : Date

Special thanks to current readers. I'm grateful.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

He was known as the "hound of Hades."

A multi-headed dog who guarded the gates of the Underworld,

Preventing the dead from leaving,

And those who entered never left.

He's Cerberus

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The sun was setting below the horizon as night approached

The sun was setting below the horizon as night approached. It painted the clouds with a golden hue, but I didn't have the urge to admire the scenery. Instead, I was figuring out what the hell happened to my body. It was an internal battle -- my breathing was ragged and my temperature had elevated.

I shifted uneasily in my seat and pulled my left sleeve closer to my wrist. It had an irritating itch that grew with every passing minute. And Being in a confined space with Liam certainly didn't help. I stole a glance at him.

His profile was sharp and definite as he nodded to a particular track. For once he looked more like his age; like a normal teenager.

"I can hear your breathing from here. What's wrong?" He caught my gaze before looking back on the road.

"Don't worry about it. It's been happening lately."

Especially around you. But I'm yet to find out why.

It's the main part of my agreement; to get answers from him.

"Do you have parents?" I asked.

He wore a crimson red T-shirt that clung to his body and I noticed how his biceps strained against the material as he gripped the steering wheel. He had worn his black fingerless combat gloves. Each having printed icons of a bow and arrow.

Liam smiled. "Why? You think I'm some truant kid who cut off family ties?"

"It's not that." I defended.