Chapter 17 : Visions

A big thanks to those reading and supporting me with their votes. It means a lot.

 It means a lot

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

In Greek religion.

He is the god of sea earthquakes and horses.

He is the personification of the sea.

The oldest Greek divinity of the waters.

Brother to Zeus and Hades.

He's Poseidon.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I heard Pedro call out my name but I wasn't so sure

I heard Pedro call out my name but I wasn't so sure. All my senses had narrowed on the pricked teeth heading my way. My ears felt numb from the roar and my hands tried pushing the creature back, but it kept slipping off its gooey body.

It felt as if the whole world had drastically slowed down, with the crab's canines moving towards me with every second. I thought of my young life. I haven't even finished school and somehow, the thought had stirred up a fit of anger from within.

No. I can't die like this.

That'll be stupid and nonsensical. I thought of catapulting this crab back to the sea. At least it would encounter its rightful predators. Maybe that could--

A thick grey smoke swirled behind the carcinus until it formed a vortex. The landscape of a beach shone from within. My eyebrows rose.

A real-life beach

I felt a cold breeze as the scent of seaweed encased my nostrils. The raving ocean churned under the night sky. It was the beach where I met Henry.

A portal.

A strong wind rushed into the tear in space, sucking back the crab, like it was meant just for it. The crab grunted and whined, completely forgetting me. I curled into a ball as it tried walking over me and away from the pull. Its dumb escape failed as it shot straight through the portal and into the ocean.