Chapter 34 : Sport

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

He's a deity in Greek mythology,  

The personification of sleep.

In the underworld,

He lived in a cave next to his twin brother, Thanatos.

He's Hypnos, the god of sleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Dad!"

"Mr. Vercelli!" Zion called out.

We stepped into the brightened living room. The wooden planks creaked with every step we took. I was getting antsy as my pulse quickened at a rapid pace. "Dad!"

Please be okay.

I turned to Zion. "Stay here. I'll check his room."

I moved towards the hallway when Zion grabbed my wrist. I faced him. "I don't want you going alone." His expression had a small hint of concern.

"It's alright. Jumping to conclusions will probably be a reckless decision. Dad could be reading on his bed like any other normal day."

He nodded but still seemed unsure. "I understand, just be careful. It's safer if he doesn't know about the greek gods and Pandora."

His hand loosened and I slid my wrist out.

"I'll be fine," I assured him before quickening my pace down the corridor. "Dad?"

I was startled by a loud ping from my phone. I pulled out my cellphone. The anonymous person had finally sent a message, but I didn't bother to read it. I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I was more worried about dad.

His room was up ahead, and I made a bee-line for it. I stopped when I heard the sound of running water. I turned to my side. The washroom door stood out with a slight creak which spilled a ray of light unto the corridor. I stepped towards the gap and peered with one eye open.