Chapter 28 : Manticore

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A legendary creature,

Similar to the Egyptian sphinx.

It has the head of a human,

The body of a lion,

And a scorpion tail with venomous spines,

Similar to porcupine quills.

The famous manticore.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A poisonous spike hurled towards us at an incredible speed

A poisonous spike hurled towards us at an incredible speed. Liam pushed me out of the way just before it embedded itself between my eyes. We fell against the cold tarmac road.

"Can I ask a quick question?" He got on his hands and knees. "What exactly did Zion do to Blaze? His hatred feels more like revenge."

I scoffed and straightened on my feet, keeping an eye on the prowling manticore while helping him up. "It's what Zion didn't do to him. He and his gang cornered Pedro and sent him to the hospital for three weeks. All because they wanted payback."

Liam exhaled in frustration. "I know Zion won't let them go without a fight. What did he do?"

"He wanted to sue them, but he had other plans. He got them expelled for a whole year and hospitalized Blaze's younger brother for months, making him repeat school by missing final exams. Blaze's parents weren't rich either, so they couldn't afford the recommended medicines. He had to work a double shift while going to school to catch up"

Liam whistled. "Understandable."

Blaze roared in anger, meaning he probably heard our conversation. He sprinted straight for us with an animalistic speed. He almost looked like a lion hunting down its prey. Liam's eyes were already cat-like. He stretched his hands and just like the carcinus, he tossed Blaze through the glass window of a stationery store.