Chapter 81 : Handcuffs

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Dolos,

A master of deception, craftiness, and treachery.

He tried mimicking the statue of Aletheia.

Tricking people into believing it was the real statue.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Despite the cool breeze that wafted through the nearly empty streets, my skin prickled with uneasiness

Despite the cool breeze that wafted through the nearly empty streets, my skin prickled with uneasiness. In my edgy state, I stole glances at the huge figure beside me.

My hands tugged Pedro's coat close to my shivering form, completely aware of the extra weight in its left pocket.

Zion still had a tracker on my phone and he insisted I kept it close in case something goes wrong. But I highly doubt it because we already have our crocotta.

And he was no stranger.

I remembered the figure who stared at me through the laminated glass while Gwen and I did 'dress-up' at the boutique. His trench coat and hat gave everything away.

I couldn't point him out the first time but now that he was close, I remembered him like it was my first day of school.

The same crocotta had restrained me when Henry tried to force his abilities. The same abilities that gave him control if I stare at his glowing eyes for the third time.

Henry had called him by a name...

Alex.

"It's an unadulterated night, isn't it ma'am?" The crocotta said with a slurred tone as he casually shifted in his seat.

Pulling out a newspaper tucked in his armpit, he flicked the broadsheet and spread it wide like some old-timer. He crossed his legs, concentration now on the paper.

I was so caught up in his casual greeting until I realized the question. "Huh?"

The crocotta -- Alex -- looked up and stared at the starless sky with mild fascination.