Chapter 47 : Harpies

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

They were mythical monsters in Greek mythology,

Having the form of a bird and a human face.

They carried evildoers to be punished.

And stole food from the blind king, Phineus.

They are Harpies.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I was sprawled in Aaron's arms as he left the road and walked up the fire escape stairs

Before you get any ideas, let me explain. I wanted to limp my way to his office, but it was only slowing us down. He had no choice, but to carry me bridal-style.

His hands shifted beneath me as he climbed the stairs. I gulped when his fingers brushed the flesh behind my knees. My arms wound tightly around his neck, afraid he might drop me. I just hope I'm not suffocating him. The only person I trust when carrying me was at least Pedro. My fingers gripped his cotton hoodie with utmost viciousness.

"Loosen the hold," Aaron muttered glancing down at me for a second before proceeding.

I winced. "Sorry."

We entered a hallway decorated with a lovely plush red carpet. I choked the moment the same gas from the nightclub wafted through my nostrils, igniting the burning sensation.

Why is it everywhere?

I tried holding my breath but lost in the next twenty seconds. Bouncers lined the walls like knights in a castle. One of them shifted when he saw us. "Need any help, sir?"

"No, Frankie." Aaron kept on his path.

"It's Fred."

"Whatever." Aaron kept walking like his main focus was getting to his office. I breathed in his scent. Roses.

Just like Liam's.

My mark tingled at the familiar scent and my mind got sidetracked for a moment. I remembered Liam's look when he noticed me for the first time in a cocktail dress. It made me wonder what he would originally do if the others weren't present.