Chapter 42 : Disguise

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The gods called him Briareus;

Mortals called him Aegaeon.

He had 100 arms and 50 heads.

He's the son of the deities Uranus (Heaven)

And Gaea (Earth).

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Pedro grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the car

Pedro grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the car. It was so sudden that I fell smack into his chest.

"Ow!" I rubbed my forehead and we stared at each other for a second before bursting into a fit of laughter -- even though we had no idea why.

I think we just went insane.

The sound of a car door opening brought us back to earth. Gwen climbed out of the backseat and stood awkwardly before glancing away.

Shit! I forgot all about her.

"Excuse me, Chocolate," Pedro whispered and moved to her side. He nudged her with his shoulders and they began to whisper under their breaths. I turned to the navy blue Camaro which had recently parked beside us. Zion and Liam got out with annoyed faces.

Did they talk on the way? Or had it turned into a fight with threatening words?

Zion stood with his hands in his jean pockets and looked around. "So this is the shitty place?"

Liam turned to me with an eyebrow raised. I shrugged apologetically. He shoved Zion's shoulders as he walked towards my side. "I'd watch my tongue if I were you."

Zion glared with eyes like death rays. He exhaled, trying to calm himself before counting under his breath. I looked around. The place was lively as always. The sun was setting, creating a warm reflection on the few illuminated nightlights. As usual, couples walked briskly to stores, hotels, shops, and other interesting places. I felt Pedro's cologne and knew he stood right behind me. I wonder what he had said to Gwen.