Chapter 91 : Peacock

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Typhon was a serpentine giant.

The deadliest creature in Greek mythology,

In addition to being a monster,

He was also a god.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I glanced down at my black shirt and twirled the edge between my fingers

I glanced down at my black shirt and twirled the edge between my fingers. I bit my lip and said uncertainly. "Um...Pedro's top and shorts?"

Zion's eyebrows twitched for a fleeting second. He pursed his lips. "That's it? You can't be walking around with just that."

And his protective side is back.

I guiltily combed my fingers through the wet strands of my hair. Zion's eyes widened at the gesture and I quickly dropped it, locking my arms behind me. "It's just a temporary nightdress. And it's almost midnight, right?"

Zion nodded absentmindedly and lazily sat at the edge of the bed. "Yeah. You're right. Sorry. It's just...it's pretty obvious you're wearing only a shirt."

I instinctively crossed my arms over my chest. Is he saying what I think he's saying? "If you want me to change, I could--"

"No. I mean yes. I mean...it can wait. It's your choice after all. I have no right to dictate what clothes you wear."

I hooked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and unconsciously rubbed my bare toes against the carpet. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

Zion planted his elbows on his knees and glanced downwards, observing his entwined hands. "It's about Henry's Mistress and what Alex said about her. I have some guesses but I want to confirm them with you before I disclose it to Pedro."

I walked tentatively to him and sat on the bed. I crossed my ankles. "Who do you think it is?"

"Helena."