Chapter 26 : Friend

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

They were twelve young Panes.

Goat-legged rustic spirits.

They joined Dionysus in his war against the Indians.

They're sons of the elder Pan.

The Paneides.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I shifted an inch away, creating as much distance between him and me

I shifted an inch away, creating as much distance between him and me. I'm also a fast runner. I could make it out the door before he could do anything.

"Wait. Let me explain." He stretched his hand out like he was calming a terrified person. "It's not what you think."

"You murdered someone!"

"People die all the time."

My jaw dropped.

"Would you let me explain first? What happened to her is full proof about who Henry is."

I relaxed my stiff muscles. "What's her name."

He dropped his hand, seeing I wasn't going to bolt anymore. "Magaret."

I sipped my Pina Colada, hoping it subdued my anxiety.

Liam leaned forward on the table. "Henry and I met not long ago. It was barely three months, but it felt like years. I was new to a community. My...family just moved in so I didn't particularly have friends. I was trying to regain myself by having fun. That's when I met Henry at a club. "

"Is that's your idea of 'fun?'" I rose an eyebrow.

"It was tough those days." He grinned and I couldn't help but laugh. Liam continued, "I joined a vodka challenge and guess my opponent, Henry. He had Clark Kent glasses, braces and he was extremely nervous. I first thought his friends had pushed him, but it was the total opposite. He was actually daring himself."

I kept sipping my smoothie. "Why will he force himself into a vodka challenge?"

Liam shrugged. "Maybe he was trying to prove himself."