Chapter 66 : Proposal

Happy 1st Anniversary to Pandora's Successor! 

This book has been through a lot the past year. To be honest, I nearly gave up on it. But all your votes and comments had pushed me through.

I really cherish you all.💜

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

To keep the other gods from getting jealous,

Zeus married Aphrodite off to Hephaestus,

Mainly because he was deformed and unattractive.

In the end, Aphrodite had an affair with Ares.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hooves pounded against the pebbled ground as the horse drew nearer

Hooves pounded against the pebbled ground as the horse drew nearer. For a moment, I half-expected its weak frame to break down during its pursuit.

But it didn't. I guess it's way stronger than it looked.

Liam released his fingers, sending three arrows through the air. One struck its eye, partially blinding it. The other two impaled its chest.

It brayed in pain before crumpling to the ground. The rider fell with it but dissipated into a thick cloud of dark smoke seconds before hitting the dirt. It swept along the earth like a huge slithering snake. Its speed matched a fighter jet.

Liam didn't see it coming.

It whizzed towards him, morphing back into its hideous form in an instant. Wet skinny hands held out a sword, ready to impale him.

The sky rumbled and a line of thunder tore out from the converging clouds, hitting the creature on the spot.

It shrieked and writhed as electricity coursed through it, scorching its clothes until it singed with smoke.

Liam stumbled and fell on his back, his eyes wide with shock.

A few feet away, Zion knelt on one knee, his palms pressed against the ground. When he lifted his head, white glowing irises stared back.