Ancient history - Cody carson

I need to start writing happier oneshots, but apparently I don't know what happiness feels like. (Just know that if I was in front of you I would do finger guns)
Also, I've started collecting 90s furbys and idk why? This is probably another weird hyperfixation of mine tbh.

No, there's no denying chemistry this strong,

We were good. Of course we were, we looked like the perfect couple. And of course we loved each other at the time, I mean you're bound to catch feelings if you're that close to a person.

Yes, pretend it's right but we both know it's wrong.

In private? Arguments, so bad that we would avoid each other for weeks.

Thinking about the storm advancing
Thinking about the lightning dancing
In your eyes

We knew it wouldn't last long, couldn't. We knew the sex was the only reason we were still together.

But I can't shake these memories that rain inside

Still, we held onto the scraps of our relationship.

Tension builds, I think we're under-thinking part time thrills

We should never have become friends with benefits in the first place, just friend was enough. But the sex was too good, and we couldn't let that go.

I know, I know how to drive you wild
You know, you know how to make me smile
But I need you to be my ancient history

Cody was amazing in bed, we knew each other like the back of our hands. But still, we broke up. It was better for both of us.

Damn, pick up the phone, I know I'm drunk again

After the breakup I started drinking again, before Cody would stop me. Or at least give me a limit. Now I would drunk call him, or at least try, until he picked up.

And you, know my intentions cause it's two AM

We would end up in bed, at Cody's place. Going at it like we were still teenagers, just for me to wake up in the morning and leave as quickly as possible.

It's fun and games until we both get hurt

The emotions were still there, we could both tell. The way we would make love under the moonlight glaring through Cody's bedroom window or the way we would mumble "I love you" before drifting to sleep.

We play with fire cause we like the way it burns

It felt so good, burning hands on even more burning skin, hands fisted in short hair, Cody's soft lips contrasting with his cold lip ring. Yet the stab at my heart when he wouldn't even look at me the next mornings, when he asked to switch the song when we hung with mutual friends because it was our song. The fact that he had rid his house of all traces I had been there. That stung, that brought me down from my high.

No use in patching up a sinking ship

We knew we couldn't get back together. We didn't want to drift apart. But hanging in the middle didn't work.

This is the last time we do this, baby
This is the last time you taste my lips

We agreed to part ways after one night. Cody's blissed out face had turned into one I recognised. He was disappointed in himself.
"We can't do this again"
"I know"
We parted ways at 4am with a brief kiss.

I know, I know how to drive you wild
You know, you know how to make me smile
But I need you to be my ancient history

I haven't seen him since, stopped getting drunk every weekend, sorted myself out. It was like getting off a drug, it was hard.

I know, I know who you really are
You know, you know how to break my heart
But I need you to be my ancient history

He knows me better than anyone else, I would hope I know just as much about him. We could have been amazing, but we concentrated too much on the physical relationship and not about dates, or quality time. We didn't have one plan for the future. It hurts just to think how we threw that away.