Chapter Seven

The sound of excessive meowing was the first thing Nadia could hear as she unlocked the door of the flat and walked inside

The sound of excessive meowing was the first thing Nadia could hear as she unlocked the door of the flat and walked inside. Tybalt instantly rubbed against her feet, his wails echoing through the hallway as he refused to quiet down.

"My, someone missed you." Viktor entered the apartment after her and let out a small chuckle as he watched Nadia kneel down and pick up the black cat, scratching him behind the ear so he would quiet down.

"You can set your things by the door. We'll leave right after I check whether he has any food and water and whether my plants are okay." Nadia sent him a polite smile before turning around and walking to Tybalt's bowls as she called out into the apartment. "Because if the plants are dead someone else will be too!"

"Someone else?" Viktor wondered, his thick accent laced through his voice as he sent her a curious look.

"My boyfriend. He was supposed to take care of Tybalt and my plants while I was gone. And it seems that he did." Nadia said, unable to hold back the small trace of surprise as she saw food in her cat's bowls, and the plants looking greener than ever. "As a matter of fact he should be here." She mumbled curiously, noticing the absence of anyone else in the apartment. She started looking around for any sign of him as she set the cat down, but the apartment seemed empty.

"There's a note." Viktor informed her as he spotted a piece of paper with her name on it laying on top of the kitchen counter. He handed it to her and proceeded with the questions on his mind as she read through it. "So you're living with a boy? And Konstantin is fine with that?"

"Yes he is, dad adores Sirius. Sometimes I wonder whether he likes him more than me." Nadia said in amusement as she unfolded the note and proceeded to decipher Sirius' messy handwriting as she let out a small scoff. She was well aware he could write with the handwriting of the King of England, but of course, as many other things he had been raised to do, he completely refused. Instead letting her squint and grumble as she tried to realize what he was telling her.

"I don't think I could ever handle Ksenia living with a boy. And boys better not try and take her away from me while I'm gone." Viktor mumbled, completely irked by the thought of such a thing happening. Nadia couldn't laugh at that. Of all the things he could worry about while choosing to come to the UK to help the Order, he worried over whether his daughter will get a boyfriend while he's gone.

"You do realize that will happen sooner or later?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, making him give her a horrified look.

"Not while I'm around." The father grumbled in displeasure making Nadia shake her head at him.

"Good luck with that." She muttered, making him send her a small glare which she used as her sign to change the topic. "Alright, so I know the plan was going straight to Hogwarts, but it would seem there is an Order meeting going on it the village right next to it. That is where we are most likely to find Professor Dumbledore."