Chapter Thirty

"Thank you so much Mrs Garner, and thank Nipsey for us too

"Thank you so much Mrs Garner, and thank Nipsey for us too." Nadia sent a small smile to their next door neighbour who had kindly agreed to have Nipsey feed Tybalt that night while they were away. Having to attend an Order meeting that evening, neither Nadia nor Sirius would be home in time for the cat's dinner. Neither of them wanted to endure the feline's wrath should they wait to feed him when they came back; it was never a pretty thing. By now Nadia had been forced to fix scratched up pillows and even furniture after they made such decisions.

"There's no need to thank me my dear, you two go. Have fun." Mrs Garner sent her and Sirius a happy smile. Not knowing about the Order, she believed the two were merely going out on a date or to spend some time with their friends who were still coming over every week.

"Thank you Mrs Garner, have a good night." Sirius wrapped his arm around Nadia's shoulders, sending a woman one of his big smiles before the two started to head out, already pulling their wands out of their robes, ready to apparate to the location of the meeting.

"What do you think this one will be about?" Nadia asked once she was sure Mrs Garner had closed her door and could no longer hear their conversation. Dumbledore, when sending them all letters about the time and place of the meeting, had made it seem more carefree than any of the previous ones.

"I have no idea, but from what I've heard, everyone is coming in." Sirius said thoughtfully, as the two came to a stop in a secluded corner of their building. While they were living in a building full of wizards, it was still surrounded by a society of Muggles, so all were always careful about their apparition spots, just in a case someone moved through the halls or would be able to see them disappear into thin air through the windows.

"Well, the only way to find out is to get there. Come on." Nadia said, fixing her grasp on her wand, their hands intertwining just before she waved her wand through the air allowing the spinning sensation to come over them. It took only seconds for them to appear in front of the building, and moments after the sounds of the people inside reached their ears.

"After you my lady." Sirius said in a formal voice as he moved to the door and held it open for her, making Nadia let out a small giggle as she passed by him.

"Why thank you kind sir." She gave her best imitation of a posh English accent. And while she had intended it as a joke, Nadia was surprised to find Sirius now looking at her with a weird look on his face as she turned to him once they walked into the room. "What is it?" She asked, wondering what was wrong about what she had said.

"Nothing, it's just... I remembered your accent when we first met and realized how much it's changed. You sound more like us now." He said with an interested tone, the observation making Nadia start thinking about it too. She supposed it was true. When she first came to the UK her Russian accent had been sharp and instantly caught, but after such a long time spent here, it was bound to change and adapt.

"I'll miss it; it was a bit of a turn on." Sirius whispered in her ear, the words making Nadia let out a loud laugh once he pulled away with a teasing smirk on his face.