Chapter Fifty Three

Nadia's eyes observed the people around her in silent amusement

Nadia's eyes observed the people around her in silent amusement. She had finally been released from the hospital, with Healer Simmons making it clear that if she refused to get rest and avoid too much physical activity or exertion, she's be right back there. And knowing about her return to the flat, all of their friends had come to welcome Nadia back home. And as expected, they all demanded she rest on the couch while they catered to her every need.

"You guys do know she can refill her own glass of water right?" Marlene asked, noticing Nadia's amusement as James performed the task without even being asked to do so.

"Well you never know. You can be very clumsy when you have to hold more than one thing Nadia." James said innocently, his words bringing a small smile to her face while the rest of them laughed at the statement and its accuracy.

"At least she doesn't keep falling out of bed when getting up in the morning." Lily was the one to retaliate in Nadia's name, sending James a knowing look. Once more the group laughed at the new piece of information. Even Nadia, not having known this before, let out a small giggle.

Everyone around her paid no mind to it on the outside, but inside, it made happiness grow even further. In the last couple of weeks, the sound of her laughter was more than lacking in their conversations, no matter how hard they tried. Hearing it now elevated their spirits even more.

"That's because she's not pushed to the edge every night while Sirius takes the whole bed to himself." James retorted with a pointed tone, making it clear it wasn't his clumsiness that was the cause of his morning injuries.

"Do you think it's easy to sleep with this?" Lily clapped back, her hands settling on the stomach which was by now more than obvious to anyone who spared her a glance. And while she was happy for her friends and their happiness, Nadia's smile still waned as the topic was brought up.

Nobody in the room noticed, not realizing that the subject of being pregnant may cause discomfort to her. However, a hand did clasp around her own, Sirius' fingers intertwining with hers in a sign of silent support. He too felt the sadness in such moments. Reminded of what they lost every time. Their hands held on to each other tightly, slightly obscured from view by the blanket spread over the both of them as her back leaned on his chest.

"Can you two leave the squabbles at home? Honestly, it's like you're an old married couple." Remus asked in a teasing tone, sending the two a smile as their eyes finally looked away from each other and towards him.

"Well at least we're one of those things." Lily said with a small laugh, realizing that he was in fact right now that she thought about the way they were acting.

"And you know me Moony. I'll never grow old." James boasted confidently, as if his plans were to stay young forever. However, with their eyes now focused on Remus, both lily and James became aware of the small look that Camille was giving them from her spot beside the Lupin.