Chapter Sixty Five

They were all gathered together in the Potters' living room for their last afternoon all together

They were all gathered together in the Potters' living room for their last afternoon all together. Even Nicholas, Henry, Adam and Eliza had come, bringing Gwen along with them. Currently the two year old was fascinated by a sleeping Harry as he snoozed away while nestled in his father's arms, while Gwen herself had found her spot in James' lap for the time being.

"He so little." She looked at Harry curiously, moving her head to look him over at every angle. "Why we not have something so little mummy?"

"I think your daughter is trying to send you a message, guys." James said in a joking tone, squinting over at the Bennett couple since, at the moment, he was basically blind as Gwen decided she needed to investigate how Harry would look if she looked at him with James' glasses on.

"Oh we know. And he's not the first one she's using to do so." Eliza shook her head, her amused eyes watching Gwen as she returned James' glasses to him before climbing out of his lap in search of another form of entertainment. A sleeping Harry was nowhere near as much fun as an awake Harry was. "You should have seen her when Ron was born. She was also fascinated with Neville when we went to visit Alice and Frank."

"Someone really wants a brother, it would seem." Adam chuckled in amusement while Nadia moved back into the room just in time to grab a hold of a running Gwen as she was about to crash into her legs.

"Cause you're not a handful on your own huh?" The witch asked her goddaughter in a teasing tone, holding her against her hip while Gwen quickly started telling Nadia all kinds of excuses and reasons for why she had been running through the room.

From the moment Gwen said her first words, it was like she never stayed silent since. They had all learned to carefully choose their words around her, because whatever they said in front of the toddler, she would surely repeat soon after.

"Is the noise Millie? Is Millie coming?" Gwen questioned, referring to the noise she had used as an excuse as to why she was trying to run out of the room. Her hands were flying through the air in excitement as she waited for Nadia's answer.

"I'm sure Millie and Milo will be here soon enough." Nadia answered with a smile, moving back to her seat beside Sirius who instantly started playing with Gwen as she appeared next to him.

"Where are they anyways? It's odd for Milo, of all people, to be late." Nicholas asked curiously, his eyes turning towards Marlene as he mentioned the older Beauchamp.

"Maybe you're corrupting him Marls." Sirius teased with a smirk on his face as he took a moment to tear his attention away from Gwen. Ever since Milo and Marlene told their friends about their relationship, they have had to endure constant teasing about it; especially jokes about how different they were.

"Oh I'm corrupting him alright." Marlene replied, shamelessly wiggling her eyebrows at Sirius and making him cover his mouth to prevent a laugh bursting and waking up Harry.