Chapter Sixty Three

"I still don't believe you two are dating

"I still don't believe you two are dating." Camille shook her head in disbelief, her eyes looking over Marlene as if she were waiting for the blonde to come out and announce this was all some big elaborate prank.

"Why is it so hard to believe?" Marlene questioned in amusement. Despite her initial shock, Camille's reaction to Marlene and Milo's bug reveal wasn't bad at all. If they were happy, that's all that mattered for her. And another bright side was that she didn't have to worry about the possibility of either of the two dating total gits. It was why Marlene was able to draw amusement from the moments that the raven haired girl vented out some of her inner thoughts on the subject.

"Well he's all polite, punctual, put together and always has a plan for every day. You're… You're Marlene!" Camille found herself at a loss for words. Of course, she didn't think there was anything wrong with Marlene, but the two seemed to be an unlikely match with all of their differences.

"Why thank you, thank you very much." Marlene laughed loudly at Camille's comparison and description, making multiple people turn to look at their table, but none of the girls payed them much mind.

"What I can't believe is you didn't tell me." Nadia voiced her own opinion, a teasing smile on her face as she looked at the blonde. Marlene of course knew Nadia wasn't really being serious.

"Just because you've been privileged to some information, doesn't mean you're privileged to all of it." Marlene retorted, not even realizing how much she put her foot in it with that one.

"What information? What else do I not know?" Camille looked between the two suspiciously, making Nadia and Marlene's eyes widen as they both racked their brains for a way to change the topic. Nadia was the one to come up with it as she glanced at the clock which hung above the door.

"I wonder what's taking Lily so long."

The four friends had made plans for Lily, Marlene and Camille to come and visit Nadia during her lunch break at St. Mungo’s. There were a lot of differences between Muggle and wizard hospitals, but there was one thing that always remained the same; the food was horrid. So of course, Nadia found herself in heaven as she munched on the food Camille had brought over from her mother's restaurant. However, if Lily didn't come soon, Nadia doubted there'd be much left for her.

"She has gotten slow lately, what with waddling around like a penguin." Marlene joked. Many of the group had taken to calling Lily a penguin due to the awkward walk she had adopted to manage moving around with her ginormous stomach. Her due date was fast approaching.

"Mrs Volkov, may I have a word?" The appearance of an unfamiliar Mediwitch brought the girls' laughter to a stop as Nadia politely excused herself and moved over to the side to speak with the woman.

"What do you think is going on?" Marlene asked as they watched Nadia's eyes pop out of their sockets at whatever the Mediwitch had told her.

"I can't even tell if it's good or bad." Camille said in a thoughtful tone, but before she and Marlene had a chance to start coming up with theories, Nadia ran back to the table.