Chapter Sixty Eight

Sirius and Nadia had been sitting together in one of the chairs set up by the hallway walls

Sirius and Nadia had been sitting together in one of the chairs set up by the hallway walls. They hadn't moved since Sirius returned from Camille's room after his own goodbye. So when Nadia suddenly pulled out of his arms and stood from her seat, he couldn't help but give her a questioning look as he still held on to her hand within his own.

"I'm gonna check on Milo." Nadia explained to him, her eyes turning towards the Beauchamp as he sat on the floor, slightly further away from the rest of their group, his head in his hands as he tried to remain calm. Sirius nodded in understanding and released her, watching as she made her way over to the blonde.

"Milo?" She spoke quietly, hoping to gain his attention as she came to stand by his position. Noticing her, he rose to his feet. He sent her a curious look, wondering why she had approached him. And Nadia didn't hesitate in giving him an answer.

"I might be able to do something, but I don't know if it will work." She said what had been on her mind from the moment she left Camille's room. She hesitated in bringing it up before, not wanting to give anyone false hope. Especially not Camille's mother who hadn't stopped crying from the moment she received the news. But she didn't want to do it without telling someone in Camille's family, making sure it was alright.

"What do you mean? What can you do?" There was a new hope igniting within Milo's eyes as he looked down at her. He was willing to do whatever he could, whatever it took if it meant keeping his sister alive.

"Lately I've been experimenting with healing spells, making new ones and mixing some together for different results." Nadia tried to explain as simply as she could, knowing there was no time for detailed explanations.

"You think these spells could work?" Milo asked. He needed her to be right, he needed the spells to work, he needed Nadia's help. If Camille could be saved he knew the healer would do everything in her power to ensure it.

"I'm not sure, but they're the best chance we've got. To heal her at least enough to get her to St Mungo’s. She's dying, I have to try." Nadia pleaded, hoping he would see her view on it. What she didn't know was that Milo saw it from the moment she mentioned the possibility. However, one more thing became clear to him as he listened to her.

"If it does work it'll raise alarms. The Muggles will ask questions they shouldn't, everyone here thinks she's dying. What you're talking about, it's-" He went to warn her, believing that she may not have evaluated all of the aspects of what she was doing.

"Illegal, I know." She had thought of it. And she didn't care. "It's why I pulled you aside. If I do it, nobody else will know until it's too late, they can't get blamed if I'm caught." She knew it was dangerous. At best she would never be allowed to be a healer again, at worst they could lock her up in Azkaban for using magic in a place swarmed with Muggles.

"She's my sister. I know I don't know the spells or how to make it work, but you're not doing this alone. I'll help, however I can." Milo said. He couldn't let Nadia take all the risk. If there was a way to avoid her getting caught, he would help.