Chapter Twelve

"We never see you anymore, just because you don't live here now doesn't mean you can get to stay away from us young man

"We never see you anymore, just because you don't live here now doesn't mean you can get to stay away from us young man." Euphemia scolded as she brought over the tray and set it on the coffee table in the living room.

Sirius and Nadia had taken the afternoon to go over to the Potters house. Prompted by the highly scolding letter Sirius had gotten from Euphemia about how they miss him and haven't seen him in ages, they decided to pay the two a visit. James was out with Lily that afternoon, but Euphemia and Fleamont insisted he come, and also bring Nadia with him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I promise I'll come by more often." Sirius apologized as he motioned for her to sit down and that he would pour the tea for everyone. The truth was he had been starting to miss the two and planned on coming over even before the letter arrived.

"I know you two are all occupied by being domestic and in love, but that doesn't mean you ignore the people who love you." Fleamont added on with a small glare sent to the boy as he was handed a cup of tea of his own.

"Well I promise I will start taking up less of his time." Nadia said jokingly, sending the two adults a small smile.

"Nadia darling it's not your fault. He should remember on his own." Euphemia said with a whole new tone of kindness. Sirius gave Nadia a wide eyed look as he heard it. He was getting scolded and she was getting all the love?

"You do know you can always bring Nadia with you Sirius." Fleamont added on pointedly so he would make it clear Sirius didn't need to be apart from the girl when he came to see them. Fleamont himself could remember Euphemia and him at that age. They were inseparable, feeling as if just a minute apart would bring about the end of the world.

"I know, although soon I might start coming alone as she is leaving me." Sirius said as he took a seat on the sofa next to the brunette, sending her a short loving look, but the moment got interrupted as Euphemia gasped in surprise.

"Leaving him? Why would you do that?" The woman questioned in surprise making Sirius and Nadia let out a small laugh as they realized how Euphemia and Fleamont had understood Sirius' joke.

"What Sirius means to say is... I have applied to become a healer in training at St. Mungo's, and if it all goes well and they accept me I'll be out of the flat from time to time." Nadia explained calmly bringing back the smiles on the Potters' faces.

"Why that is great news." Euphemia cheered happily, a smile full of pride taking over her face. On the day they helped Nadia move into Sirius' flat, Euphemia and Fleamont had promised Konstantin to help take care of Nadia and whatever she may need once he was away. And while it was evident the two had settled in together quite nicely, Euphemia didn't want to just be there when they would need help. She wanted to be a part of Nadia's life since she was such an important part of Sirius'. And Sirius was like a son to the Potters, just as much as James was.

"I am sure you will get accepted Nadia, there is no reason they wouldn't want someone like you to become a healer." Fleamont spoke with confidence making Nadia smile at him in appreciation.