Chapter Nineteen

Life was different now

Life was different now. Nadia was slowly getting used to the fact that she had an actual job. Every day for a week now she had been going to St. Mungo's and training with Eloise. While she had warned her that in the future the training will get harder, right now Nadia was mostly tasked with smaller things. Organizing or restocking supplies, brewing potions that were needed at the hospital on a daily basis, and things such as that. Eloise explained that it was so she could get to know the hospital and where to find whatever she may need as she works there.

There were of course set rules and regulations she needed to follow as a trainee. Such as when she had to show up, and how many hours she needed to put in until she can move on to officially being a healer. And while Eloise had seemed like a strict woman during Nadia's interview she soon can to learn that the blonde was actually quite interesting to be around, as well as pleasant.

She had many stories of when she had travelled for her work and all the things she had seen. Nadia was almost certain she was using them as a motivational tool, trying to show Nadia what she could accomplish if she worked hard. And if her suspicions were right, then it was definitely working. In the week she had known her, Nadia came to greatly respect Eloise O'Brien and was more than grateful to have her as her mentor while training.

So far, Nadia hadn't yet had to leave for Order business which she felt slightly lucky about. While Eloise would understand why she was leaving, Nadia still wanted to show she was dedicated to this just as much as she was to the Order. Although, Eloise had come to see that in the first couple of days already.

Nadia's days came with two brakes of half an hour which she was allowed to take whenever she wished to. However, during her week of training Eloise seemed to take control of the breaks instead of her. While to some that may seem to mean Eloise had been preventing Nadia from taking her breaks, the truth was that the Head Mediwitch had to kick Nadia out of the doors of the hospital to make her take a break.

This day was the first one when Nadia took her break of her own volition. It wasn't really because she needed one or was getting tired, but instead because she had made plans with Sirius to meet for lunch. And she wouldn't want to keep him waiting. So the brunette walked down the streets of London, her hands tucked into her pockets in search of warmth while she made her way to a small Muggle diner near the hospital.

She had been having her lunch there for the last couple of days, and quite liked the atmosphere of the place. With Sirius being in the neighborhood, still helping Peter find a flat, the two had decided to grab lunch together that day. Having her gone from their own flat for most of the day, every day, Sirius was starting to miss Nadia, and wanted to take any chance he could to spend time with her. He wasn't used to not having her around as much as before. But it was a small change they knew would come sooner or later, he just needed to adapt.

Rounding a corner, Nadia's face spread into a smile as she spotted the Black walking up and down the sidewalk in front of the diner as he waited for her. He spun around on one foot lazily, the turn giving him a chance to spot her and come to a stop as she approached him.