Chapter Seventy Five

Nadia glanced at the letter in her hands once more, just to be sure they were in the right place before ringing the doorbell

Nadia glanced at the letter in her hands once more, just to be sure they were in the right place before ringing the doorbell. They didn't want to spoil the surprise by being forced to go from door to door in search of the right house if they had the address wrong.

"Are you going to knock or will we send an owl and follow it just to be sure?" Sirius asked his wife in a joking tone. Nadia sent him a small glare and defiantly rose her hand, her knuckles hitting against the wood only seconds later. Just as Sirius wanted.

It took some time before sounds could be heard coming from the other end of the door, and Nadia thought if it took any longer Sirius would just smash it down himself due to how excited he was. She was too, but certainly not as much as him.

"Kakaya chast' menya yeshche ne otkryla dver', razve ty ne ponimayesh', zhenshchina? Ya ne znayu kto eto." The familiar voice could suddenly be heard as the ring of keys jiggling on the other side sounded. Sirius scrunched his eyebrows in confusion while beside him Nadia couldn't help but giggle.

"Ne «zhenshchina» menya!" Well, despite one of them not understanding the words, at least both Sirius and Nadia could be certain Regulus and Ksenia hadn't killed each other… Yet.

"Merlin, you're-" Whatever Regulus was about to mumble to himself would never be known as his eyes widened once he saw who stood on the other side of the door.

"Reg? Who is it? Why are you quiet?" The irritation in Ksenia's voice was replaced by worry as she rushed to the door too, pulling it open further so she could see their guests for herself. "What are you two doing here?!" Ksenia was the first to get past her surprise as she rushed forward to hug the two standing at their doorstep.

"We thought we'd give you your Christmas gift in person." Nadia said with a smile, looking over at Regulus who still stood at the door like a gaping fish.

"The gift is us. If that's not clear." Sirius announced as they pulled out of Ksenia's tight grip. "Reg, close your mouth, the look doesn't suit you." He added on as he approached his brother. As the words snapped him out of his surprise, Regulus was quick to pull Sirius into a tight hug while the older Black laughed as he said: "It's good to see you too brother."

"Come on in, you'll freeze in this cold." Ksenia ushered the two into the house once Regulus and Sirius separated, and while they obeyed the woman, Nadia barely stepped through the door before Regulus was hugging her too.

"I'm glad you're here." He whispered to her making a small smile appear on Nadia's face as she squeezed his shoulders.

When Nadia was packing her things for this trip, a small part of her worried that seeing Regulus might bring all the memories of what happened last winter back to her mind. But now that she was here, she was just happy to see him. And she knew the visit would be good for Regulus and Ksenia too after all they had been through in the last few months.