Chapter Seventy Three

Nadia and Sirius held hands, their fearful eyes taking in the door which they were supposed to pass through any minute now or they'd be late

Nadia and Sirius held hands, their fearful eyes taking in the door which they were supposed to pass through any minute now or they'd be late. As they stood there, minutes ticking away in the silence, both feared that this would end badly.

"Are you sure about this?" Sirius asked, eyes turning to Nadia, all kinds of questions and concerns flashing through his mind, all the ways in this could go horribly, horribly wrong.

"We said we would do it." Nadia reminded him. They had made a promise, and no matter how scary the task may be, they couldn't go back on their promise now. Their help was needed.

"So how do we do this?" Sirius didn't usually have a problem with this, but knowing how much they'd be facing, knowing the job that faced them, he couldn't help but worry.

"Whatever we do, we can't let them divide us. If they do... I fear what may happen." Nadia said, her tone making it sound like she was completely confident they could do it.

"Don't let them divide us... Got it." Sirius repeated to himself, taking in a heavy breath before he and Nadia shared one final look before walking up to the door. Nadia rose her hand into the air, ready to knock on the wooden surface, however before she could do so, the door burst open on it's own.

"You two are right on time! Come on in, come on in!" Arthur Weasley greeted the couple at the door with a wide smile. "Molly's finishing up feeding Ron in the kitchen, and all the other kids already know you're babysitting them today. I'm sure Bill and Percy will be more than alright. Charlie... Well please try keeping him away from the fire. And as for the twins and Ron... I'm sure you'll make it work." Arthur spoke as he led the two through the Burrow and towards the kitchen. His final words most certainly didn't sound too encouraging.

As they walked into the kitchen they were met with a slightly chaotic sight. Fred and George were running around the table while Ron sat in his high chair too distracted by his brothers to focus on the food his mother was trying to feed him. Charlie sat at the table, tuning all of them out as he coloured in a drawing of a dragon while Percy and Bill worked together to clean up the table after their family breakfast.

"Oh Ron, I give up. Go, go play with your brothers." Molly heaved a sigh as she handed Percy Ron's half full bowl and after cleaning the youngest boy's face set him down on the ground even though he couldn't run around with Fred and George. As she wiped her hands with a kitchen towel, Molly finally turned to their designated babysitters for the day.

"Thank you so much for suggesting this. I think Arthur and I will do well with a day to ourselves." Molly said gratefully as she hugged both of them in greeting. After all that had happened, Nadia believed Molly would need some time to herself, where she didn't have to take care of everyone and run after them, it was why she had suggested that she and Sirius watch the kids for a day while she and Arthur do something together.

"It's no problem." Nadia said with a smile as they broke away from the hug, and was surprised to see doubt on the mother's face. Oh, Arthur and Molly were throwing them into a lion's den and they were perfectly aware of it.