Chapter Eighteen

Most mornings in the flat Nadia and Sirius shared were peaceful and calm

Most mornings in the flat Nadia and Sirius shared were peaceful and calm. With nowhere to really be from the moment they woke up, both always took their time to greet the day. However, on this particular one, both went around complaining that they made plans for the morning instead of the afternoon.

"I mean, I get he needs privacy, but at ten am? The flats will still be there at noon." Sirius grumbled as he sipped his coffee behind the kitchen counter making Nadia let out a small laugh as she searched for her wallet in the living room.

"Well it's nice of you to help him out despite the time." She said jokingly as he let out another string of grumbles, trying to wake himself up fully. Sirius' plans for the day involved helping Peter find a flat of his own. The Pettigrew claimed it was time to get out of his parents' house, not only because he needed privacy, but also because they always seemed to worry when he didn't come home till later in the night or went off on Order business. This way he could spare them some nerves, and have more freedom.

"Yeah, yeah. I am the best friend anyone could ask for." Sirius said with a shake of his head while putting away his mug into the sink. "What about you? You never said what your plans are." Sirius asked curiously, watching her pack little necessities in her bag.

"Have you opened the fridge lately? We're running low on everything, so I think it's about time I do some grocery shopping." She explained, but Sirius sent her a suspicious look.

"And is that some code for 'I'm going to the bookstore again'?" He questioned walking over to her as she let out a laugh of amusement.

"We need food Sirius. And Millie's cooking tomorrow too, you know how she gets when she sees we have nothing." Nadia pointed out. Camille always frowned on their mostly empty fridge and whenever she saw it she spent the rest of the week bringing them food and cooking like they were a family of five, not just two of them.

It was a pure coincidence Nadia chose to talk about Millie's cooking and not mention that after the grocery shopping she did actually plan on jumping down to the Muggle bookstore near the Leaky Cauldron to check whether they had anything new worth reading.

"Well it's not like we don't eat it all in the end." Sirius pointed out the truth of the situation. Everything Millie made never went to waste.

"Yes, that's because you eat like you've been starved for twelve years." Nadia joked making him send her a small glare. He didn't reply though, because they had started to make their way to the door. Nadia checking one last time whether she had forgotten anything while he pulled on his leather jacket.

"It's January, how do you not freeze in that thing?" She asked with a shake of her head. Sirius didn't have time to reply because of the interruption to their conversation which came in the form of a small tapping on their living room window. Both curiously looked at the unfamiliar owl as it flapped its wings, waiting to be let inside.