Chapter Twenty Eight

Nadia stood in the back yard of the Potter house, her eyes looking over all the flowers, lights and chairs that had been set up throughout the morning

Nadia stood in the back yard of the Potter house, her eyes looking over all the flowers, lights and chairs that had been set up throughout the morning. James and Lily had agreed to drop their plans of a big June wedding and hold a small ceremony in the back yard, visible from the window of Euphemia and Fleamont's bedroom. Sadly the two couldn't be right there for it, not without risking infecting everyone else with the virus. But to James, it was enough that they get to see it, that in a way, they're still there for his wedding day.

Camille, Marlene and Nadia had spent most of the day helping Lily get ready for the ceremony, taking a moment here and there to come and check on the preparations for the wedding and its set up. They had roped in as many people as possible to help and make it look beautiful and perfect, transforming the back yard into a spring oasis. Fabian and Gideon waved their wands around building the altar, their jackets discarded to the side and suits rolled up as they did their best work adding the final touched. Frank and Alice were moving around, perfecting the last of the flower arrangements surrounding the seating area.

And to the side of all that, tugging at his tie, Remus walked up and down the length of the back yard, nervously reading through the papers within his hands. The sight brought a small smile of amusement to Nadia's face. With the sudden changes and quick planning, James and Lily had to find someone to officiate the wedding. And so when it came to light that Remus had gotten ordained when his parents were renewing their vows, it was an easy choice. But of course, now, he worried over all the things he'd have to say and make it all sound perfect.

"If you move any faster, you might jump to a different time. What will we do then?" Nadia called out as she approached him with a smile on her face. The sound of his friend's voice made Remus stop his movements so he could turn to look at her, a small glare on his face.

"You're not helping." He grumbled, brushing his hand through his hair nervously as he glanced down at his notes again. Shaking her head at him, Nadia moved to stand in front of him, plucking the parchment from his fingers and setting it aside onto one of the chairs intended for the audience.

"Remus Lupin, you need to stop worrying or by the time the wedding actually starts you'll look like a scarecrow made of straw." Nadia teased, her hands reaching up to his tie, fixing it and tightening it to its initial perfection.

"I will not. I can fix my own tie mum!" Remus continued to grumble at her, trying to swat away her hands. And for a moment Nadia did move one from his tie only so that she could smack him on the back of his head.

"Don't you mum me Remus Lupin. Shut up, stop moving and listen to me." She pointed a threatening finger at him, making Remus widen his eyes as he obeyed. Nadia had taken up much of the organizing throughout the day, stepping into her maid of honour shoes so that Lily would be able to relax and get ready without having to pay attention to any detail besides her own pretty self. And knowing the level of perfection Nadia placed in everything she did, nobody dared get on her bad side today.