Chapter Eight

It was the middle of the night by the time Nadia and Sirius returned to their flat

It was the middle of the night by the time Nadia and Sirius returned to their flat. Despite his protests, and the protests of the many who had been wounded in the fight against the Death Eaters, those injured were taken to be treated at St. Mungo's. According to Professor Dumbledore, he wanted even the smallest of scrapes checked. They had gotten lucky tonight. Aside from some wounds and broken bones, nobody was too hurt, or even worse... Killed.

However, Nadia's mind still wasn't at peace. It may not have happened tonight, but her thoughts kept playing tricks on her. Putting scenarios in her head of how differently tonight could have gone. He could have been hurt more than he already was. He could have died. And she never would have gotten to say goodbye. She never would have gotten a chance to see him again.

"Nadia? Are you okay in there?" Sirius voice paired with a light knock on the bathroom door startled her out of her thoughts as she leaned on the sink. Looking at her own reflection Nadia took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm herself down before replying.

"I'm... I'm fine." She tried to calm her voice, but whether it was all the effort, or just thinking about the possibility of him not standing on the other side of that door, Nadia's voice cracked as she spoke, a sob escaping past her lips. And it was all loud enough for Sirius to hear on the other side.

"I'm coming in." He announced. At first when he tried to open the door he had found it to be locked, that should have been his first sign of something being wrong. With the use of his wand, he made it easy to open the door and make his way inside finding Nadia leaning on the sink as she let her tears fall, her shoulders shaking with the sobs she tried to suppress.

"Hey, come here." He said, making his way towards her with quick steps and pulling her into his arms once he set his wand aside. Nadia's hands clutched tightly onto his shirt as she finally let herself cry and let out all the emotions of the night that she had so far been keeping in.

"Shhh, it's okay. Everything is okay." He whispered gently, his hand brushing through her hair in a soothing manner as he held her close. His own heart hurt as he had to watch her like this, but he would do whatever he could to calm her down.

"I just... I can't stop thinking about what could've... If you didn't return..." Nadia spoke as she cried, her sobs interrupting her every now and then. Her words made Sirius slightly pull away as he placed his finger under her chin and pulled it up, making her bright teary eyes look up at him.

"I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. You're not going to lose me." He spoke softly, brushing the tears that had fallen, both of his hands coming to rest on her cheeks and hers reached to hold them.

"That's a promise you can't keep, and you know it. Not while we're in the Order, not while we're fighting this war." Nadia wanted to believe him, she really did. But with the life they led now, with the choices they've made, nothing was certain. And now more than ever before the reality of that was catching up to her.

"We can back out. Leave the Order, go somewhere we'll be safe. We can go to Russia, you could be with your dad and we'd be safe." Sirius suggested without hesitation making Nadia look at him with wide eyes.

"You would really do that?" She asked in surprise. Nadia was aware of the fact that this was what he had wanted for longer than they've known each other. To fight against those who stood for the beliefs of his family, to protect the innocent, and to make their world better. How could he so easily suggest giving it all up?

"For you I would do anything." He whispered, his forehead leaning against hers as he looked down into her eyes. And it was the truth.

Yes he wanted all of those things, but there was one thing that he wanted more than anything else in this world. It was her. It was Nadia. And he would give up anything and everything to keep her safe and happy. Nadia craned her neck up, placing her lips on his as she gave him a gentle kiss, through it expressing the love she had for him and the gratitude she felt at those words.

"You know we can't. No matter how much I like the idea, we can't leave. We can't let our friends, our family, face this on their own." She said knowingly once she pulled away. Giving up wasn't an option, not anymore.

Sirius nodded his head. He knew it too, he knew she was right before he even made the suggestion, but he still did. Because if she said yes, he would've packed in a second. He would have done it for her.

"I love you." He whispered to her, but he couldn't say it enough. Those three words could be the only ones he spoke for the rest of his life and it would still not be enough.

"I love you too." She whispered back, kissing him once again, but he soon pulled away as he continued.

"Let's promise each other that from now on, whatever comes up; wherever the next fight leads; we don't do it alone. From now on we're together in this, fully." Sirius said. It would prevent the worry at times like these. They would always be able to protect each other and keep each other safe. And Sirius wasn't only doing it for her. He was doing it for himself as well. Because he couldn't even imagine what he would have done had he been in her place tonight.

"Together." She nodded her head, repeating that one word as she agreed. It wasn't a solution, but it was a comfort.

"I promise, as long as I am in control of my own life, I will never leave you Nadia Volkov. Because in the time I've known you, you have become my life." He told her honestly. Sirius couldn't imagine a life without this girl. She was his present and she was the only future he could see and be certain in. They didn't know what was coming to them, they didn't know what tomorrow would hold or any day after that, but Sirius knew he would never want to leave her side. No matter what happened.

Published: 30th September, 2019

Okay, so guys I've been debating an idea I had for a bit now and I'm putting it out into the open to see whether anyone would be interested. 

I've been thinking of starting a Twitter account dedicated to all things Shakespeare Universe. It would have all the edits, gifs and videos you've seen so far as well as those which will be published in the future. It would also give you guys information about when new chapters will be up (especially now that updates will be a bit more sparse). There would be teasers and quotes for future chapters and just a lot more interaction.

So would anyone even be interested in this or should I just give up on the idea?

Side note: I just tested, and I don't know about you guys, but the comments don't work again... Sometimes I really hate Wattpad!