Chapter Fifteen

"Gaah, why does nature hate me?!" Sirius whined as he and Nadia apparated out of their flat and appeared in front of the Potter house

"Gaah, why does nature hate me?!" Sirius whined as he and Nadia apparated out of their flat and appeared in front of the Potter house. However, what neither of them were expecting was to land in the middle of a snow covered path instead of dry ground.

At least Nadia was luckier than Sirius, because while she landed on the slightly cleared path leading to the front door, Sirius found himself standing in snow which managed to reach up above his boots. And she couldn't help but appreciate it a bit more, because she was sure the ball of fur nestled in her arms would have very much disliked even coming in contact with the white substance.

"Because you litter?" The Volkov girl asked with a small giggle as she pointed to a piece of parchment that had fallen out of his pocket and into the snow during the process of landing. At the same time, she balanced a meowing Tybalt in one arm, sure that he was by now yelling at her to get him somewhere warm.

Seeing this, Sirius was quick to pick it up, instantly getting to work trying to dry it with magic so whatever he had written on it wouldn't get smudged as the parchment got damp. His instant need to save whatever he had written on it made Nadia curious, but while she had seen his messy handwriting, she didn't get a chance to read it before Sirius stuffed it back into the pocket of his jacket and out of her sight. Now that the note was safe, Sirius' mind drifted back to the current position he found himself in.

"Get me out of here." He said with a scowl on his face as he took large steps to trudge out of the snow and into the cleared path, standing beside her as she giggled at him in amusement.

"And to think you suggested coming to Russia with me. You wouldn't survive a day up there." Nadia teased as they made their way to the door, her hand wrapping around his arm as she pulled him closer while they walked.

"You have so little faith in my endurance." Sirius retorted as he held the door open for her, allowing her to enter the warm home before he followed after her. As soon as they were inside, Tybalt jumped out of Nadia's arms and proceeded to start exploring the home, sniffing every corner and surface that he could.

"Oh I have complete faith in your endurance." Nadia turned back to him with a flirtatious smirk on her face as she let her hand trail down his chest pretending to fiddle with his scarf. Sirius let out a small chuckle at her words, but was cut off before he could reply.

"Merlin you two are disgusting." James, who had just been coming down the stairs when the couple entered the house, grumbled in distaste as he reached the landing and looked at the two with a frown on his face. He definitely didn't need to hear Nadia's flirtatious commentary; it was more information than he wished to know.

"Look who's talking." Nadia and Sirius retorted in unison as they smiled at James, not really making a move to grow a distance between them as they looked at him.

"Well at least Lily and I keep talk like that to ourselves, not for when we have company." James pointed out making Nadia and Sirius shake their heads at him.