Chapter Fifty One

Sirius couldn't sit still

Sirius couldn't sit still. So he paced. Ignoring the looks James, Lily and Marlene were giving him or the other two in their company, he paced the empty hall of St. Mungo's in worry. But it wasn't hard to believe the silence wouldn't last too long.

"Are we growing unicorn horns on our heads or something?" Ksenia was the one to ask as she turned to look at Sirius' three friends, unable to ignore the weird and curious looks they were giving them all.

"Uh, I don't think we introduced ourselves properly. My name is Lily and this is my husband James, and this is Marlene." Lily was the one to reply to Ksenia, sending the dark haired witch an apologetic smile.

"This is Ksenia Orlov." Regulus said while Ksenia silently took in the three, memorizing their names for a moment during which he jumped in. That of course, earned him a glare.

"I can introduce myself Black."

"Of course you can." Regulus rolled his eyes, but still, an amused spark in his eyes made it seem as if he wasn't really as irritated as he acted.

"Wait. Orlov? Like Viktor?" Marlene asked curiously. As far as all of them knew, Viktor's family had stayed behind in Russia when he came to help the Order. So what would Regulus, who was supposed to be dead, be doing with someone related to the Russian Auror?

"Yes. We asked for Viktor's help when the decision for Reg to go to Russia was made." Sirius spoke for the first time, knowing that as the conversation was struck up, he'd have some explaining to do. And it wasn't like he had much else to occupy his mind as they waited.

"We? Nadia was a part of this?" James sounded surprised, although as he thought about it, the idea of sending Regulus to Russia had most likely come from her in the first place.

"She's the reason I survived." Regulus said honestly, his eyes instantly jumping to the door of the room in which Nadia was while they waited for the healer handling her case to come out and give them some news.

"Do you mind us asking what happened?" Lily's gentle voice asked as she sent Regulus a curious look. For a moment, the younger Black looked at the Invisibility Cloak which lay in his lap. James had gotten it for him so he wouldn't be seen among them if someone who could recognize him. Although for now they hadn't contacted anyone but Nadia's father who at the moment had gone to get something to drink for all of them.

He thought about it for a moment, but in the end shook his head. They already knew he was alive, telling them the story of how it happened wasn't putting him in any more danger than he already was. And he was ready from the moment he tried to sneak out of the Orlov house to come here alone.

And so they told them, Sirius and Regulus recounting the events together while the three listened carefully and Ksenia played with the other end of the Cloak. They spoke about the day Regulus visited Nadia, and then her dream after that. They explained how Sirius and Nadia were able to reach Regulus and how they had found him in the Cave. How they brought him to their flat where he stayed until they devised the safest plan. They told them all of it.