Chapter Sixty Nine

Nadia's spells had worked

Nadia's spells had worked. Their plan had worked. And all seemed to be okay now.

By the time the next day rolled around, everyone had stayed at St. Mungo’s, waiting for good news from the Healers and Mediwitches who had instantly rushed to help Camille even though Nadia's spells had proved more successful than she initially thought they'd be.

The young healer doubted she'd ever forget Remus face as he saw her spells were working, as the colour returned to Camille's face and as for a moment, just a short little moment she actually opened her eyes and thanked Nadia before falling into a deep slumber once more.

And the thanks continued on even days afterwards. Whenever someone came to visit Camille now that she was awake, all of them fawning over her in happiness and excitement, the dark haired girl continued thanking them all on making sure she survived.

Remus barely left her side, only leaving the hospital in the times when he had to change or freshen up. Sadly those were the only moments Sirius dared to come and visit Camille, just like when she had stayed at the hospital after the fire. Nobody wanted another argument full of accusations to erupt between the two. There were other things to focus on, and everyone was so happy that Camille was alright, nobody wanted to shatter that.

For a few days after the execution of their plan and bringing Camille to St. Mungo’s successfully, the whole group was on edge, just waiting for a moment when Aurors would come to take them away because they had been caught. But nothing happened. Nobody came, and it seemed that nobody knew.

Everything worked out.

Nadia still found it hard to believe it all went so well. She was still expecting the other shoe to drop. But as she walked through the halls of St. Mungo’s, using the time she had for her break at work to visit Camille in her room. When she knocked on the door, and walked inside after hearing Camille's call she expected to find the room full of people as it always was. However, to her surprise, Camille was the only one inside.

"You're alone?" Nadia was unable to contain her shock as she made her way into the room, the question making Camille let out a giggle as she nodded her head in confirmation.

"Remus and Milo were here for a bit but I kicked them out." Camille explained making Nadia raise an eyebrow at her, curious to know what it was that had pushed the Beauchamp girl to take such drastic measures. "The idiots didn't eat breakfast before coming here, can you believe them?"

"Yup, you're definitely feeling better." Nadia said as she laughed at the explanation while she took hold of and read some of the medical information and the latest on Camille's recovery.

"I am. And again, thank you so much-" Knowing what Camille was about to say Nadia interrupted her before she could finish it.

"Millie, if you thank me one more time I will officially start regretting saving your life." Nadia pointed a warning finger towards her, but the smiles on both of their faces showed how untrue Nadia's words were.