Chapter Thirty Five

Nadia let out a small sigh as she closed the door of the hospital room behind her once she walked out into the hallway

Nadia let out a small sigh as she closed the door of the hospital room behind her once she walked out into the hallway. Last patient of the day, and now she was free. She had arrived to St. Mungo's early in the morning, and by now night had already fallen outside. Looking out the window, Nadia could see the clouds rolling through the sky, often shielding the moon from her view.

The weather report mentioned nothing about rain for the entirety of the day, but Nadia decided it would be best to leave the hospital and get home just in case. With that thought in mind, Nadia made her way to Eloise's office where she usually kept her bag and coat. One day she would get her own space, but for now that was where she stored her belongings during the workday.

Entering the office a couple of minutes later, Nadia found Eloise sitting at her desk. The woman's face was lit up by the light beside her while she focused on the papers spread out in front of her. At the sound of the door opening, Eloise looked up from what it was that she was reading and sent Nadia a curious look.

"I didn't know you were still here?" The blonde spoke in a slightly surprised voice, having expected Nadia to be gone by now.

"You told me to tend to the patients in the flu wing. There were quite a few, but all are clear now." Nadia explained. In the last couple of days, there had been quite an outbreak of the flu, and while it was easily treated, it was still quite unusual for this time of year. But then again, illness was never really predictable, no matter what some would wish to believe.

"Right, right. I just thought you'd be leaving earlier when I saw Sirius in the lobby." Eloise explained. She had seen Sirius on one of her rounds, and from the way he looked, Eloise supposed Nadia and he had plans which would take her away from the hospital by now.

"Sirius is here? Is he okay?" Nadia asked in a worry. Contrary to Eloise's belief, she and Sirius had made no plans about meeting at the hospital. So instantly Nadia worried over why he came.

"Yes, he is alright. He told me he was just waiting for you." Eloise explained with a small shake of her head, her eyes glancing back down to the papers in front of her. "And considering that was quite some time ago, I think you should get a move on. Don't want to keep him waiting any more than he already has been." Eloise said with a small smile. Once her words registered in Nadia's mind she was quickly rushing to the closet where her things were hung up on one of the hangers.

"Have a good night Eloise, I'll see you tomorrow." Nadia called over her shoulder once she had gathered her stuff and began making her way to the door. However, right as she exited, she turned back and added. "And don't overwork yourself, go home once in a while." She said with a slightly amused tone.

"Overwork is my middle name. Now go before someone else scoops that boy up." Eloise waved her hand to shoo her away from the office, and Nadia let out a laugh, rising her hands into the air in a sign of surrender as she left the office.