Goku's Grief

A week has past since the Avengers failed attempt to get the Infinity Stones from Thanos, who is now dead. The stones are now gone and there's no way to bring back the people they knew and cared for. It's something they had to deal with, but Goku had a hard time dealing with this situation.

He still has been blaming himself for the Snap, as he thinks about what could've happened if he killed Thanos then and there. Everyone will be okay, and things will be the way it was, but sadly he allowed Thanos enough time to erase half of the universe, taking away everyone he knew from him.

The others had also had a hard time trying to help Goku, as he now has depression and self-blame, somethings that they never see him have before. Steve was the only one to see Goku crying three times, but this time it was more heart wrenching as he can't believe Goku's blaming himself.

Now, Goku lays down on his bed looking emotionless as he looks at the window, seeing a peaceful sight outside. If only there's some peace left within him that he can enjoy seeing it.

The door to his room opens, but he didn't turn to see who came in.

Steve: Son? Are you alright?

Steve didn't get an answer as he sighs. He knew very well Goku has a big, pure heart, and he's guilty for causing half of the universe, and most of their friends to be erased from existence. He tried his best to get his son to understand that it's not his fault, but Goku still blames himself for it.

Steve starts to walk towards the bed and sat down next to Goku. The Young Saiyan still didn't move at all, which made Steve sigh sadly.

Steve: Son, I came here to let you know you need to eat.

Goku: I'm not hungry.

Steve knew that was a lie. Goku's always hungry because he has a big stomach, Sam would joke about.

Steve: Goku you haven't been training or eating for almost 2 days. You can just let yourself go through this painfully.

Goku: I deserve it, dad. If I didn't kill Thanos then, everyone would be okay. They're gone because of me.

Steve: I understand it, son. You have the heart of any pure hearted being ever had and you should that kind of heart to anyone, and you showed how much you care for anyone.

Goku stays silence as he continues to look away from his dad. Steve sighs as he stood up.

Steve: they'll be left overs for you to eat soon.

As he was about to walk away, he hears Goku's stomach grumbling, which was like a lion's roar. He turns around and sees Goku turning to the other side and looked at him. Steve can see his eyes are red with tears, some fell of his cheeks.

Goku: Okay. I'll come.

He stood up and walks uo to Steve, as he kneels down and hugs him.

Steve: It's alright, son. I know how you feel, but you can't just torture yourself like this. What will Wanda and the others think of seeing you like this?

Goku stays silent as starts to sniff and hugs his father, burying his cheeks to his neck. Steve picks him up and took him so he csn get something to eat.

*later*

Goku: I'm done.

Steve and Natasha were stunned when he said that, as he only at half of his appetite, which is worrying to them.

Nat: But you ate only half of you usually eat.

Goku: I'm not very hungry.

He stood up and walks away as the two adults watch him leave.