2.

KAI POV

I was the luckiest guy in the world right now. Summer was coming over so we could chill. My parents know summer she's been friends with me since sixth grade. "Who are we waiting for?" Ryan asked.

"Summer" I smiled.

"Ah, summer?! Why don't you two just get together already. You'd be a spitting image of mom and dad" he said.

"It's not like that" I said.

"Yeah okay" he said.

Summer cane running out to the car. "Sorry I'm late. My locker got stuck".

"Don't worry it's okay" I said. Ryan shook his head and started up the car. Wanting to sit back there with her but I didn't want to be so obvious. "So summer got a boyfriend, yet?". Mean mugging Ryan for being so upfront.

"No, why?" She asked.

"Just curious" he said.

She didn't think anything if it and went back to her phone. When we got home Ryan ran inside. Summer and I walked in together. "Boys! And summer" my mom said.

Summer waved "hey kai's mom".

"How was school today you guys?" My mom asked.

I shrugged "it was fine".

"So mellow... always so calm" she said.

"Right? That's what I said. But that's the thing I like about kai" she smiled. I felt my face get hot so I knew I was blushing. Turning my head away from her trying to calm down. My mom smirked "you guys hungry?".

Summer nodded "thanks".

My mom disappeared in the kitchen. Salem walked through the door full of attitude "I hate school! Oh hey summer!".

Summer smiled "hey salem".

My whole family like summer. That made me like her even more. She was pushing her hair out of her face and smiled at me. "Kai how do you deal with those thirsty females coming after you?".

"It's annoying! But the more I fan them away they keep coming!" I said.

"I thought this whole time you liked the attention" she said.

"Oh no! I'm good. If I like someone it'll be a while before they know. You know I'm shy" I said. She reached over and ran her fingers through my hair. I never allowed anyone but my mom to do that. But I didn't mind that summer did it. We caught each other's eye for a quick moment. I felt like she was trying to tell me something.

The door flew open and Harlow came in like a damn tornado. "Why didn't you guys pick me up?!" She yelled.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Hello! Earth to Kai! Why didn't Ryan pick me up? I was waiting outside!" She said.

"Oh I don't know! Ask him" I said. She sighed and ran to Ryan. Summer stood up "I'm hungry. I'm going to see if your mom is done cooking". I looked up at her as she walked away. Damn I was so close.

//

HARLOW POV

"Ryan?!!!!" I yelled

"Ryan?!!!!" I yelled. He walked out of his room annoyed "what now?!".

"You left me at school?! That's what!" I said.

"Okay you have a school bus don't you?" He said.

Squinting my eyes at him "how rude! But it's okay I see it now".

"I forgot about you though" he said.

I nodded "uh huh! I get it!". Ryan raised his brow "that was too easy! Don't even think about it".

"About what?" I asked.

"We haven't done any pranks in a long time so don't bring them back" he warned.

"Don't know what you're talking about" I said. Turning around I left him there. How rude of him not picking me up from school. At least let me know but then I missed the bus too.

Seeing my little brother and sister in their play room I joined them. Ryder ran over to me hugging me. River just looked at me but went back to what he was doing. It felt nice sometimes to sit here with them. With the older siblings they sometimes forget we have younger ones here. Plus, to help my mom out I watch them. She appreciates that a lot.

Salem walked by and came in "why are you in here?".

"Just hanging out before I do my homework" I said.

She stood there losing less amused "Salem try to smile once in a while. Your whole energy is depressing".

"Try being me" she said.

"No thanks! Especially since you look miserable. Mom was right maybe you should talk to someone" I said.

She laughed "yeah okay... ill go take advice from her".

"Don't talk about mom like that" I warned. She sucked her teeth and left the room. I'll be damned if she stands here and disrespects mom. Not here, not today. I don't know what Salem's problem with mom is but she needs to settle it with her and not talk crap about her.