4.

SALEM POV

After that dinner I snuck out the house. No one would notice I was gone anyway. Meeting my friend at the local park. We usually hung out there after school but I needed to relax a little.

"There she goes miss Salem!" My friend joked.

"I'm here! I know you missed me" I joked. This one particular friend he was a heavy weed smoker. To each their own. "What's up?".

I shrugged "same shit. Nothing changes with me". He laughed "you need to calm down".

"I wish! My mind is always racing. It's so annoying" I said. Which is true! Even when I try and sleep my mind is going. "Don't you ever wonder if what you experienced during your childhood is the reason you smoke?".

He turned to me "either I'm high or that question stumped me". We both shared a laugh. "Salem you think way too much. You need to relax and chill. Now look I don't ever do this... but take a pull of this".

"Nah I'm good" I said.

"It'll help you relax. I wouldn't give it to you otherwise. But you been mouthing off since you got here. Let the mind relax" he did have a point. Taking the blunt I held it up to my mouth and inhaled. Now I'm not a smoker by any means so I instantly started coughing.

"The cough means you did it right" he said. Handing him back the blunt "no thank you". Moments later I felt free. Weightless... all my problems were gone. He was right! I felt normal. Who knew.

//

KAI POV

"Kai I think I'm ready to go on home" summer said. I nodded "let me ask Ryan if I can borrow his car to take you home". She smiled and nodded. I got up and walked to Ryan's room. Now I knocked on his door cause the last I didn't I saw some things.

"What?!" Opening the door slightly "can I use your car to take summer home?".

"Yeah sure" he said. Closing the door I walked tapping summer to lets go. She walked outside first and I followed. In the car "didn't know you drove".

I smiled "yeah I do but not all the time".

"Cool... oh my gawd have you seen this ig models now? Like... they're such pretty. Wish I looked like that" she said.

"Summer you are perfectly fine the way you are. You don't need a big ass or boobs to be pretty" I said.

"You would say that! But I don't see any boys chasing after me like girls do you" she said.

"Are you sure about that? Look around you could missing something" I said. She pouted at me and went back to her phone. We reached her house and she hugged me then got out. I waved and watched her until she was inside. Hopefully what I said made her think a little.

//

HARLOW POV

Usually before they go to bed. It's a thing I started years ago. Now when I'm in there Salem always comes in to tell me to keep it down. But this time she didn't. Thought that was strange. So I said my goodnight and traveled to her room. Her door was always closed but unlocked. Slowly opening the door I saw nothing but her bed. Her window was partially open too.

Skipping my way to my parents room. "Someone is missing?".

My mom turned to me "excuse me?".

"Your daughter is missing" I said.

"Harlow it's too late to be playing games" my dad said.

"See the thing is I'm not playing. I checked her room and she's gone" I said. Both of my parents got up and followed me to Salem's room "see?!".

"I'm tired of this! She just does what she wants and doesn't get in trouble for it" my mom said.

"Preach!" I cheered.

"Harlow go to bed" my dad said. Mean mugging him I turned around and walked to my room. But that didn't mean I wouldn't eavesdrop!.

"I tried talking to her but she tunes me out!" My mom said.

"Let's just wait for her to come back and then we'll talk to her" my dad said.

"You always stick up for her though. So what will that do?" My mom said.

"It's just I feel bad for her sometimes. She looks confused half the time and she's miserable the other half" my dad said.

"Still that shouldn't be an excuse to sneak out the house. What if something happened to her?!" My mom said. Damn I have to stay up to hear what's going to happen to Salem. She's in trouble now!. Let me get comfortable cause this is going to be good.