40.

DELANO POV

My phone rang

My phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Dad?! Where's mom?" Looking over behind me she was sleeping. Well I put her to sleep after she was complaining that she needed a massage. "She's sleeping, why?".

"I have a situation that I need her lovely advice on" Ryan said.

"There wouldn't be a situation if he just drives home" Kai chimed in. Removing myself from the bedroom "what happened?".

"Well Kennedy is really drunk where she passed out. Now Kai wants me to just leave her here. But you know how guys are. Anything can happen to her" he said.

I sighed "don't move I'll be there in ten". When I finally pulled up I saw them at his car with Kennedy in the back seat out cold. "Did any of you guys drink?".

They all shook their heads. Thanking god mentally. Now seeing Kennedy and Ryan "I'll take Kennedy home. At least if her mother sees me she might not remember who I am".

Ryan scratched the back of his neck "yeah not too sure about that".

"Would you rather take her home and her mother instantly blame you for doing something to her daughter?" I asked.

"Take her! She's all yours" he said.

Kai groaned "can we go home now?!".

As I went to pick Kennedy up she woke up "whhheewww parrrtttyyyy!".

"Lord here we go... again" summer said.

"Oh shut up! You! Where's Jackie Chan?" She looked around. Shaking my head "come on Kennedy let's go home".

"I don't know you! Ryan take me home!" She said.

"I guess we are not going home anytime soon" Kai said.

"No my dad will take you home" he said. She looked closely at him "Nah you playing me! That's not your dad. He's white".

I nodded "I am white and his dad. So come on let's get you home safely". She ran behind Ryan "I don't know him!". Kai and summer sighed "listen at this point I'm about to Uber it home and leave you guys here with her".

Kennedy laughed "now see I would believe it you said he was his dad. They look alike!".

Ryan shook his head "only if I didn't care".

"Ryan loves me" she hugged my arm.

"Dad can you do something here?" He asked.

"Hey Kennedy are you hungry?" I asked.

She nodded "yes! I'm starving!".

"Cool let's go get something to eat" I said. She hopped on my truck "Ryan come on!".

"He'll meet us there after dropping his brother home" I lied.

"Oh okay cool! Let's go I can eat a horse" she joked. Ryan made the sign of the cross on his chest. "Go home" I said. He nodded and got into his car speeding off.

As soon as we turned the corner Kennedy fell asleep. Thank god I didn't have to hear her speak. Slowly pulling up to her home. I parked my truck and got her out. Now I was debating if I should ring the bell or not. Going though the back I noticed the sliding door was slightly open.

Opening the door some more I placed her down on the floor. Closing the door shut I got out of there quick. Meeting them back home... "mission accomplished". Ryan high five'd me "team work at its best!".

"Now let's all get some sleep. It's already four in the morning" I said. Everyone nodded "Summer go to your room". She smiled "I was going!".

//

RYAN POV

Many, Many hours later I awoke to a alert on my phone. Someone added me on ig. Not knowing the name I opened the request. Clicking on the profile it was meili. Accepting her request I did the same. Once we were friends I went through her pictures. The latest one was from last night.

Well before the party anyway

Well before the party anyway. She looked so pretty. "Stalking much? Lol".

Smiling to myself "Nah just seeing something I like".

"How did your girlfriend get home?" She asked.

"She's not my girl. But an ex. She got home safely though. Wouldn't be in my character to just leave her like that" I typed.

"Ohhh okay! I see you! Lol. Homegirl was acting like she was your current girl" she typed.

"She's crazy... what can I say?" I joked.

"It's always the crazy ones. Luckily, I'm not crazy" she typed.

"When are you going to be in town?" I typed.

"Actually I'm still here. I'll be here until Monday. And today is Saturday. So that's a whole two days I'm here for" she typed.

"We should link up. I mean if you aren't busy" I typed.

"Boy.... just ask me out already! I would do it but I don't think this country is there yet" she joked.

"Fine, let me take you out for the day. Not a date but just us getting to know one another" I typed.

"I'll like that. We could meet up somewhere" she typed.

"Or I can come pick you up" I typed.

"Umm... okay. Around two?" She typed.

Glancing at the time and saw it was already twelve thirty "yeah we can do that".

"See you soon!" She typed.

Maybe my mom was right. Instead of chasing Kennedy I could've been blocking anyone else from coming my way.