39.

RYAN POV

Kai and I are close in age so we happen to know the same people

Kai and I are close in age so we happen to know the same people. Plus everyone knows we are siblings. At first people were blown away... cause Kai is as white as he could be.

"Kai come on!" I yelled. My mom came out and saw me "like I said Ryan stay away from Kennedy tonight. If her mother calls me again it'll be your ass. And don't act like you're too grown to get a belt".

I sighed "fine I'll stay away". She smiled "good".

Kai came out with summer "let's go". We all piled up in my car and was on the way. Now yes there will be alcohol at this party. But I knew I wasn't going to drink because I'm driving. Now Kai and summer I don't know about.

When we pulled up the house was bumping. We got out and walked inside. Kai and summer went their separate way. I just roamed around looking for some people I know. That's when I spotted Kennedy dancing with some females. She looked beautiful. But I had to stay away. So I went the other way. Taking a seat on the couch I just looked around.

Someone fell into me. Looking up I saw this girl who smiled "I'm so sorry! This house is so packed!".When I got a good look at this stranger... wow! "No problem". She took a seat next to me "Meili!".

"Ryan" I smiled.

"So you from around here?" She asked.

I nodded "yeah, you?".

"Nah I'm from the next town over" she said.

"Then what are you doing here?" I asked.

"My cousin said I needed to take a break from studying so now I'm here" she joked. My eyes slowly to her face. Definitely someone different. "You like staring at people?".

"Just trying to figure out what you are... not sure that made sense" I nervously laughed.

She shrugged "it's okay! I'm blackasian. My mom is Asian and my dad is black".

"Cool mix" I said.

"I guess! Hey you want to dance? I love this song" she said. Getting up we walked over to where everyone was dancing. Seeing summer and Kai making out on the dance floor. They make me sick!. Meili grabbed my hand and put it on her waist as we grind together. Honestly it felt nice to be with Meili. Even though she's not from here.

In the midst of us dancing Kennedy came up to me "who's this?".

"Huh?" I asked.

"Who's this?" She pointed to Meili who was still dancing.

"Oh this is a new associate I met" I smiled. Kennedy glanced at Meili and back at me "she's not better than me. Here we go. "Kennedy for one you been drinking and second we have to stay away from one another". She threw herself in my arms "kiss me".

Shaking my head "Nah I can't be around you!". Lifting her up and placing her on the couch "sober up!".

"No fun! You don't miss all of this" she started to lift up her shirt. "Kennedy are you crazy?!" I asked. She laughed hysterical "Ryan who cares what my mom thinks! We are made for each other. Think about it? Who else will deal with our craziness?".

"Kennedy you need to drink some water" I said.

"Fuck water! Let's go somewhere so we can talk" she said.

"As tempting as that sounds. I'll have to pass that up. You're drunk and I can't do that to you" I said.

"Boooooo! You're boring!" She yelled. Kai came up to me and eyed Kennedy "someone is drunk".

"Yup she is" I said.

"Ryan?! Love me!" She yelled.

"You have your hands full on this one" Kai said.

Meili turned to look at me "wow homegirl is drunk!".

"I'm not drunk! Just a little tipsy" Kennedy said.

"Nah your drunk" Meili said.

"What do you know Jackie Chan?! Trying to steal my boyfriend!" She said.

"I'm not your boyfriend" she got up and held my face to hers "yes you are! Kiss me!".

"Nope" I said. She stared at me with my face in her hands "why not? You love me, right? You said you always love me".

"And I do! But you are drunk. And I can't be around you. Apparently we are bad for each other" I said.

"Fuck my mom!" She said.  Kai and summer were over this party "ready?".

I nodded "Meili nice meeting you". She smiled "you too! Hopefully we see each other again".

"Hopefully!" I smiled. We were walking out when the same females Kennedy was with have left. But Kennedy was asleep on the couch. I couldn't leave her here. Kai looked at me "now what?".

"I can't leave her here" I said.

"Yes you can! Just close your eyes and walk out the door" he said.

"Nah can't do it" I said.

"If you bring her home... her mom will have a fit. If you bring her to our home mom will have a fit!" He said.

"True but what if someone takes advantage of her. I wouldn't be able to live with myself" I said.

Kai face planted himself "only we can get into this type of situation". We both looked at each other not knowing what to do.