19.

HARLOW POV

The dance was cute. The decorations were floral. I can imagine who decided on these. Ryan and I walked in... Bianca ran up to me "finally you showed up".

"Traffic! What did I miss?" I asked.

"Other than the three idiots making fun of everyone.. nothing" she said.

"Well this is my bro Ryan. Ryan you know Bianca" I said. He nodded.

"I guess you're dad didn't want to come?" She asked.

"If Harlow told him... he would be here" Ryan chimed in.

"Can we go dance?" I asked. Ryan followed us but didn't really dance. But Bianca and I along with her dad who was standing around looking very uncomfortable. But we were having fun.

Hearing a sneer I turned to see one of the three idiots standing there. Let me give you a quick brief catch up on these waste of life. The three idiots are wannabes from mean girls. But they suck at it. All then do is bully and make fun of people.

Anyway... let's continue. I turned around and rolled my eyes "eww isn't this a father daughter dance and you bring your brother?! Then ewww what are you wearing. Is that a jean skirt?".

I sighed "and ewww what's that on top of your neck?! Oh wait that's your face! I'm not the one and you know that! So get the steppin' out of my face. The ugliness might be contagious!" Holding up a cross sign with my fingers. She gasped and ran off.

Ryan laughed and high five me "That was great". Bianca was laughing as well. So was her dad. I was so in the zone I didn't even realize I had a whole crowd around me. When the people started spreading away I saw dad. We had a staring match. Wasn't expecting him to actually show up.

//

DELANO POV

When Harlow said what she said it brought back some trigger memories. Me telling my mom she wasn't a mom hoping she would change her ways. But she didn't. Instead she stayed the same. I couldn't allow myself to ignore what Harlow said. Gia was right we had to fix this.

Getting dressed I had Gia help me look ready for a dance. She patted my shoulder "make sure she's okay first". I nodded. When I got there I heard what happened. One thing about Harlow I envy she doesn't take any crap from anyone. Watching that girl look hurt and walk away. It made me proud to be Harlow's dad.

When the crowd dispersed Harlow saw me. She seemed a little shocked. Ryan turned and saw me "oh thank god! This isn't my scenery". He walked up to Harlow and gave her a hand shake before leaving. Harlow stood there not moving. So I made the first move "hey".

"Hey" she said.

"Umm what you said made me think. And I couldn't have you here without me" I said. The music started playing. Looking around I saw most parents and kids slow dancing. Extending my arm out... Harlow was hesitant but she took my hand. We started slow dancing to the song playing.

"Harlow look I don't want you to think that I love Salem more than you. I love all of you equally even if I don't show it" I said.

She looked up "really? Name something I like doing?".

"Umm... you're into karate" I said.

"Lucky guess" she said.

"Harlow I pay attention to you but from afar. You seem so sure of yourself. So I don't really have to worry about you so much. Especially what happened back there. You handled that girl. It made me smile seeing that" I said.

"Just because I can take care of myself. Doesn't mean I don't any daddy daughter time. Remember I'm only ten not eighteen! Harlow matters too. And so does Ryder! You can't even use the excuse of having six kids cause mom makes time for all of us" she said.

"No you're right! You and Ryder do matter! How about after this dance we go get something to eat? And from now on I'll give mom a break and take you to karate and hey I may even show you some things" I said.

She laughed "don't hurt yourself, dad".

"Well little did you know I was black belt" I said.

Her eyes lit up "say what?! You?! A black belt?! And you never told me?!".

"Yup! I can show you a few things" I said.

"Cool! I love you dad" she hugged me.

"Love you too Harlow!" I said.