41.

GIA POV

Waking up this morning the house was eerily quiet. Especially for a Saturday morning. Delano was so deep in sleep his face is in the pillow. Mouth all open. I swear he went to bed the same time I went. Hmm?. Checking to see if the boys and summer were home. Peaking in Ryan's room he was out cold. Same with Kai who was under his covers snoring. Harlow was up but summer was out cold too.

Something is up! I'll wait for them to wake up. Hours passed. I was in the kitchen washing the dishes when both Kai and Delano walked in "late night?". No one spoke. I nodded. Summer walked in and kissed Kai. She blushed and looked away from me. Ryan was the last to join the table.

It was quiet. No conversation. Now I was annoyed. Looking at all of them they look like they all had way too much fun last night. Slamming my hand on the table everyone jumped. "Someone better speak up to what happened?".

Delano eyed the boys who eyed him back "why are you so tired?" I asked. He scratched his scalp "well you know had to make the boys hot home okay".

"Ryan were you drinking?!" I asked.

"No!" He said.

"Then why would dad have to make sure you all got home last night. You have a car" I said.

"Gia come one! Leave them alone" Delano said.

"No, because you all are hiding something from me" I whined.

"I'm too tired for this" Kai said.

"Kai tell mom what happened last night" I smiled.

"Nothing happened" he smiled back.

"All of you guys are lying" pointing at each and every one of them.

I was done with them. Since they didn't want to tell me anything. Ryan got up "I'm going out". Kai and summer got up together. "We will be in the back". Delano sat there sipping his coffee "really? So you out of all people will leave his wife in the dark?".

"Gia nothing happened" he said. Turning on the television which went straight to the news. "I see what you're doing". He winked at me.

Breaking news...

"We have breaking news on this Saturday afternoon. A body of a teenage girl was found around eleven this morning. She was face down in a pool of blood. Looks like it must've been a surprise attack. She didn't have time to fight back. The young girl is known as Kennedy Jones. She goes to Saint Ursine catholic school for girls. Please stay with us as we follow this story as it develops"...

Delano dropped his mug letting it crash to the floor shattering. "What the hell?" I yelled. He looked like he was in shock. Ryan came out his room with the same look. Kai and summer joined in. Something is wrong!.

"Mom umm can you excuse us please?!" Ryan asked.

"No! What is going on?'l I asked again.

//

RYAN POV

"Mom please just go and let us talk?!" I asked. She sucked her teeth and walked away. Making sure she was gone "dad?! What the hell happened?!".

"Nothing I put her on the floor in her home and walked out. That's it" he said.

"Then how did she end up dead?!" I asked.

He shrugged "I have no idea! And this isn't good for any of us since we were the last ones to see her. We have people who can point us out".

Kai shook his head "this is why I told you close your damn eyes and leave her alone! But nooooo! Now look!!".

"Everyone calm down! We know we didn't do anything" I said.

"Her mom hates you. She's going to try and pin this on you" Kai said.

"I can't go to jail. I'm too pretty for jail" summer said.

"You? I go to jail and I'm fresh meat!" Kai said.

"No one is going to jail! Relax. It's clear someone saw dad when he left Kennedy's home and took complete advantage and murdered her. But why?".

"As of today I'm not hanging out with you!" Kai said.

"You both stop it! Like Ryan said we know we didn't kill her. But make sure we stick to our story. She was very drunk and belligerent. We took her home and left. Nothing more" my dad said.

My life at this moment just got harder for no reason. Maybe if I had stayed home I wouldn't be in this mess. But then I wouldn't have met Meili who now I have to go meet.