42.

Y'all wasn't ready for the last chapter lol

RYAN POV

You ever feel like people were watching you? Well that was my current situation. Meili and I went to the mall to just hang out. I know she heard about what had happen.

"Oh so I heard about your ex! That's crazy!" She said.

"Yeah it is" I said.

"You don't seem upset. No emotion" she said.

"I'm not the one to show emotion that easy" I said.

"Ah, serial killer vibes" she joked.

Side eyeing her a little "there's just something off going on in this town".

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Something happened to my sister, my brothers girlfriend and now my ex. I don't get how the cops haven't noticed the pattern" I said.

"Cops are dumb. They can't solve the easiest crimes" she joked.

"You're right" I said. But damn Kennedy though? I mean we had our moments but I would never wish death on her. Wondering with maybe her mom reached out to mine.

//

GIA POV

Delano has been acting weird all day. He's been to himself and not talking much. Like his mind is somewhere else. A knock at the door took me out of my thoughts.

Opening the door it's Kennedy's mother. She looked so distraught but I can understand why. "Hello, Ms. Jones! I'm so sorry about your daughter!".

She looked at me with pure hate "your son killed my daughter!".

"Hold up now! Let's not stand here and make false accusations. Ryan didn't kill her" I said.

"Well if he didn't why is everyone saying he was the last person seen with her? He killed her. Since she didn't want to be back with him. He got upset and killed her" she said.

"Cute story. But Ryan didn't kill her. Plus, we had a conversation about him staying away from her. In which he agreed" I said.

"I know your son killed her! And I'll make it my mission he goes to jail for a long time for it" she stormed off my porch and back into her running car. Now my mind was racing. What if he was the last to see her... what happened.

"Delano?!" I yelled. He came out his den "yeah?".

"That was Kennedy's mom. Accusing Ryan of murdering her daughter because he was the last to see her... do you know anything about that?" I asked.

He blinked a few times "Umm Nope".

"Are you sure? Because if you do... you should tell me. Our son is in a tough spot right now" I said.

He stared at me "no".

I nodded "okay". He went back into his den and closed his door this time. Something is up! And why aren't they telling me anything?! I felt so left out.

//

DELANO POV

Gia was asking too many questions. I myself was trying to be calm and figuring out what happened. Pulling out my phone I texted Ryan how Kennedy's mother just showed up accusing him of kill her daughter. He needed to know what's going on.

Harlow was home because she was sick. She came into my den "hey dad".

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked.

She shrugged "eh, a little better".

"You need something?" I asked.

"Nope I'm bored" she sat down on the couch I had in here. Tapping my pen like crazy trying to make sense of everything. "Why are you so nervous?" She asked.

"Nervous? I'm not nervous" I said.

"Yes you are. Your body language says so" she said.

I sighed "if I tell you something you can't tell mom".

She motioned zipping her mouth closed "depends on what it is".

"Ryan, Kai and summer went to a party Friday night. Kennedy was there but she was very drunk. Ryan called me to take her home since mom didn't want him around her. I dropped her home through an open back door and I left. But now she's dead".

Harlow's mouth dropped open "and you didn't think it was odd that the back door was left open especially that time in the morning?".

"Damn! I didn't think of that" I said.

"Which means the killer was in the house waiting for her. Wow and so is your dna cause you touched the door to open it some more. But you're in luck though. Since this country likes spying on people. There's cameras on every street corner. Kennedy lives on the corner of her street".

"Which means cctv is there and caught whomever killed her" I said.

"I taught you so well" Harlow joked.

"Now what?" I asked.

"How about we go and take a ride through her neighborhood and see what we can spot. I'm bored and your a nervous wreck" she said.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go" I said. Harlow and I needed to spend time together. What a perfect way to do it.