35.

HARLOW POV

When I woke up this morning... I felt different. Like something was missing. But ignoring the feeling I went on with my day. I had no school today so I was home with mom, twins and dad. Why was he home? When I looked and saw him go into Salem's room it was apparent why. Turning to my homework I had to finish up. My mom was in the kitchen baking something. I always loved helping her bake.

My dad came out Salem's room and glanced at me. I pretended to not even see him. He rubbed his chin and walked to my mom. I have no idea what was said but he came and sat next to me. See this is what I mean... only when my mom gives him the okay he decides he wants to try with me.

"Hey Harlow! How's the homework?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"I was thinking how about after you are done we just go have a daddy daughter lunch. Just me and you" he said.

"Umm... I'm not hungry" I lied.

"Oh... well how about we just go anywhere you want" he offered.

Shaking my head "I rather stay in today". He sighed but got up and walked away. Not for nothing... if he tried on his own without the direction of mom I would work with him. But he doesn't do that. Seeing my mom watching us the whole entire time. She looked a little sad.

Turning my attention back to my homework. As always I'll be alright.

About an hour later I was starting to get hungry. Walking to the kitchen mom was there. She smiled at me "you want some?". I nodded "of course! I'm hungry".

"Why didn't just tell dad. He wanted to take you out" she said.

"I don't want to go. Plus, I wasn't hungry then" I said.

"Oh, well here" she handed me a plate. She kissed my hair "so jealous... I wish I had hair like you".

"No you don't! This hair is a lot to handle!" I joked. Two bites in "how is it?".

"Very good! As always" I smiled.

"Good! There's more if you want more" she said.

"Mom can I ask you something?" I asked. She stood there staring at me "what?".

"Umm... I know this will sound stupid. But is there any chance dad could have a color complex? When it comes to us kids" I asked,

"A color complex? What do you mean?" She asked.

"Umm like how I'm the darkest one out of the six kids. Maybe that's why dad doesn't want to be around me. Because I'm dark. Compared to Salem or Kai who's light. You know what told you it was stupid. But I'm done and it was good" I got up quickly power walking to my room. I didn't want to hear what she had to say.

It was a stupid theory. Looking at my skin on my arm I shook my head "I wish I could make myself lighter..."

//

RYAN POV

Sitting in my car. I convinced Kennedy to come with me. Parked on the corner so her mom wouldn't notice me. She came out running to the car and got in "what's up?".

Handing her the bouquet of flowers "for you".

She nodded "thanks".

"Anytime... I remembered you love lilies" I smiled.

"I see..." she said. Her phone kept going off. Getting annoyed cause this was our time together "who keeps texting you?".

"One of my friends" she said.

"Don't you think it's rude?" I asked.

"Not really. We are not together together so..." she said.

"Kennedy technically we are still together. Just on a small break" I said. She laughed "no! we are broken up meaning I'm single".

"Is that what you tell guys who come onto you?" I asked.

She nodded "because I can".

"The disrespect!" I said.

She rolled her eyes "look what do you want?".

"I wanted us to hang and talk like the good old times we used to have" I said.

"Yeah, we cant do that today. I have to work on a group project with some other friends. But thanks for the flowers!" She smiled. I had a strange feeling she was lying to me. "What's the project about?" I asked.

"It's a science project" she said.

"Oh okay" I said. She's lying. She got out the car with the flowers and went back inside the house but from the back. Sitting there now I'm annoyed. Kennedy is playing with my emotions. Got to think of a good plan to get her back to being with me.