13.

KAI POV

"You remember that guy who I was talking to at the park before you got all jealous and ran him away?" Summer asked

"Yeah what about him?" I asked.

"He's been a little annoying. Like he says these obscene comments at me. And he keeps asking why did I chose to go out with you. Saying I want some of that white privilege. I was like huh? White privilege? But Kai is biracial. But he kept going on and on about us. It was exhausting" she said.

See my gut doesn't lie. Knew my side eye was for a reason. Something about that kid is alerting my radar. "Don't worry about him. He'll go away".

She smiled "if you say so. But just admit you were jealous".

"I wasn't jealous. Just... very protective" I said. Taking her hand and kissing it "can't help it if my girlfriend is amazing".

She blushed "you're killing me with the constant compliments".

//

RYAN POV

I'm dealing with wanting to get Kennedy back and also forcing her to get back with me

I'm dealing with wanting to get Kennedy back and also forcing her to get back with me. It's like two sides are battling it out inside me. I need some type of help. Walking to the twins play room I saw mom there. She glanced at me "wow almost forgot you still live here".

"Haha funny!" I said.

"Why are you so down? Salem got you down?"She asked.

"No, I don't know what's wrong with her. Maybe she's going through puberty. It could be a rough one.  But jasmine cheated on me. And I want Kennedy back but she has her limitations with me. Calling me controlling.. me? Controlling? I think not".

"Ryan look I'm your mom and I will always tell you the truth. But what I saw with jasmine you're not too far from his dad treated me".

"Really? Wow! I didn't even notice I was acting like that. Oh god dad is in me! I'll never get Kennedy back" I whined.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because I want her back but something inside me is calling at me to force her back. I'm torn" I said.

"Do not force her back! Lord it's like reliving my early years with your dad. Just see what Kennedy wants you to do in order for her to get back with you. But do not follow on your father's footsteps or Kennedy will find someone else".

"You have a good point. Hmm... why didn't I come to you from the start. Instead I went to dad".

"And see where it got you..." she said.

I sighed "good point. thanks mom. You always give good advice".

"I try" she joked.

//

[few weeks later].,.

KAI POV

At my locker I was waiting for summer. She came up to me "have you heard?!".

"Heard what?" I asked.

"About that guy. You know the one that made you jealous but won't admit it. He's missing! Apparently no one has seen or heard from him in weeks" she said.

"Wow! Really?! Damn maybe he ran away?" I said.

"Doubt it. I mean he's fifteen. How far can you go with no money and no car?" She asked.

"True! Damn that sucks though. Hopefully they find him safe and sound" I said.

"Yeah me too! Feel bad for his family" she said.

"Look how about we go out to get lunch instead of eating that slop they serve here..." I said. She smiled "I would like that".

"Good, come on let's go to math" she looped her arm through mine and we took our time going to class. Just bring around dinner made me very happy. Knowing she was my girlfriend made me feel like I was on cloud nine.

//

HARLOW POV

"Salem?!" I called pushing open her room door. She sat on her bed just mean mugging the hell out of me "hey big sis!".

"Get out!" She said.

"Rude! Can we talk?" I asked.

"Out" she said.

"Fine I'll take a seat on the bed and we'll talk" sitting next to her she looked so annoyed. "So what's up? How's life?".

"Why do you care? Don't you have done snitching to do on someone in this house?" She asked.

"Well my life is okay. Trying to get through being ten. You know I saw your phone. Now before I say anything else... just know being Nosey and going through your phone wasn't my intention. But I saw some old text. What's that about?".

"What did you see?! Why can't you mind your damn business?!" She yelled.

"Okay now I'm not mom. I will feel threatened and Chung Lee chop you in the head. So watch your tone of voice. I promised mom I wouldn't use anything I learned in karate. Don't make me break that".

She rolled her eyes "thats just an old text that's it".

"Yeah... I'm not believing that. So I'll sit here until you want to tell me the truth" I said. So I did exactly that. I made sure to clear my schedule for this. Two hours past and I was singing some songs that would annoy her. "Oh my god fine! I'll tell you but if you open your big mouth to anyone I will come after you".

"Salem you out of all people do not scare me! But go ahead" I said.

She started from the beginning and from what she was saying I was shocked. Actually I was more upset than anything else. Salem is my sister whether I like it or not. But someone out their filthy hands and body on her forcefully!. "Salem you have to tell mom or dad! You can't let his idiot keep doing this to other young girls!".

"Harlow keep your mouth shut!" She said.

"Look there's things I'll keep to myself which is really nothing. So I can't keep something in this to myself knowing you're hurting from it. Let me tell mom or dad".

She got up pacing around "I don't know!".

Before she could even look my way I was out her room already at where my mom was. You got to be quicker than that...