12.

Ideas keep flowing...

HARLOW POV

Now if my mom didn't think I wasn't going to hear what was going... I planted myself right by the bedroom door and heard everything. Something is definitely up with Salem. For her to be doing drugs... she's running from something.

The next day I overslept from staying up late to eavesdrop. Luckily I didn't have school today. So I got to stay home. It was just me and the babies. Both my parents had things to do. I didn't mind watching them anyway. They didn't cause any trouble.

Hearing a crash ... spoke too soon. Checking to see what that was. Both babies were standing next to a thing that fell from the shelf up top. Picking it up I saw a phone drop out. Ryder picked it up and handed it to me "thank you!".

Wait? Isn't this Salem's phone. Let me find out she got it taken away. Putting the phone in my back pocket.

Later on, while the twins were napping I didn't even remember I had her phone. Taking it out I put it on. Now because I can't mind my business I went through it. Let's see what Salem has going on.

Scrolling through social media. Which I swore she didn't have. Then went through her text. Nothing. She's boring. Checking her pictures... nothing really crazy. There was a picture of a text message...

"Meet me at the store on the corner" it said.

She responded "okay".

What the hell is this? Looking at the date.... why does she still have this when this was a long time ago?.

Swiping right to see more pictures of more text messages..

"I had fun" it said.

She never responded.

"Maybe we should do this again" it said.

Again she never responded.

"Remember don't tell anyone, to else!" It said.

Turning her phone off! What the hell did Salem do?.

//

KAI POV

Summer and I were hanging out at the park. It was a nice cool day out. We both sat on the swings just swinging. "Something wrong!" I asked. Summer has been a little quiet than usual.

She sighed "well... my dad... he's saying how you can't come over to the house. I tried explaining to him that you're not a problem. But he's too dumb to listen".

Summers dad will probably end up being a huge problem. But for now I'm not too worried about him. "Don't worry about him. Just focus on us". She smiled. A few guys from school saw us and joined us. One in particular decided on speaking to summer. I side eyed them talking.

"Did you see the way our science teacher gave us that pop quiz? Come on now!" One said. But I wasn't too focused on the conversation but more of summer and this idiot talking. My eyes were on the one in front of me but my ears were over where summer is.

Being a nice person I walked over there and put my arm around her. The guy raised his brow "oh snap you guys dating?".

I nodded "yup".

"Wow! Okay" he said. Still standing there he looked a little uncomfortable. I smiled at him. But I just gave him this look. He finally got the cue to leave. Summer turned to me "someone was jealous..."

"Me? Nope. Just making sure people know I have the best girlfriend in the world" I said.

She smiled "uh huh".

I'm not jealous but summer doesn't realize how other guys sees her. Can't have her out here in the wolf's den.

//

GIA POV

Finally making it back home from running errands. I had Harlow watching the two younger ones. Harlow at least is one of my children I knew I didn't have to worry about.

"Looks who's home. Finally" Harlow said. Side eyeing her she smiled "hey mom!".

"Now it's hey mom!" I joked.

"These two today were very adventurous and touchy. Causing my ten year old self stress. Oh here's Salem's phone. The twins did something and the box it was in came down. Just Incase you think I was being Nosey" she said.

"Really? You didn't go through her phone?!" I asked.

"Well... after I picked it up I did" she said.

"As I thought" I said.

"Mom if you knew something bad or suspected something bad happened to someone would I have to tell you?" She asked.

"Meaning what?" I asked.

"Oh nothing! I was just joking. The look on your face... priceless!" She laughed.

"Harlow?? If you don't start spilling!" I warned.

"It was nothing! Just a joke. Laugh a little!" She said. Hmm... Harlow definitely is someone I have to watch now. She knows something but for the first time in ten years she's not saying nothing.